RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Has anyone looked at the Jeep Gladiator?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Has anyone looked at the Jeep Gladiator?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it wasn't for having to pull my TT id get one as soon as the prices settle. I think the diesel would be perfect in it.

I've also seen a few videos where people have dropped a Hellcat engine 700+hp in there. The jeep engineer confirmed they had tested hemis in them, and said it fits like a glove, but it took up all the crumple zone space so the would not pass safety tests.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 213k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

BigDinAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 06:02am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flashman wrote:

They are starting to show up in Tucson. Dealer couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for me to check them out. Bad timing for the Ranger to come out at the same time as the Jeep.

They have them here in Sierra Vista, the problem for me is that 3.6 Penstar. If only they had put the 4.0 in.
I am a huge jeep fan, but my love goes way back. I had a 69 Willies Jeepster Commando, and a 77 CJ5 (that we put a 350 in).
I just don't like those Penstar's.

2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew-cab Long Box DRW, 6.7L Cummins Diesel, 4:10 rear, 14,000 GVWR, 5,704 Payload, 30,300 GCWR.

2019 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 30RLS, 34', triple slide, 11,000GVWR.

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigDinAZ wrote:

Flashman wrote:

They are starting to show up in Tucson. Dealer couldn't keep them on the lot long enough for me to check them out. Bad timing for the Ranger to come out at the same time as the Jeep.

They have them here in Sierra Vista, the problem for me is that 3.6 Penstar. If only they had put the 4.0 in.
I am a huge jeep fan, but my love goes way back. I had a 69 Willies Jeepster Commando, and a 77 CJ5 (that we put a 350 in).

The old 4.0 was great in the Wranglers and Cherokees of its day, but in a truck as heavy as the Gladiator it would be a gutless turd on the highway. The Pentastar doesn't have much low end but it's got the horsepower needed for good highway performance, which is where nearly all Gladiators will spend most of their time. The Ecodiesel should be a great motor for this truck.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigDinAZ wrote:

Flashman wrote:

LOL... My take away is Flash had to take his big bad ram to the shop for a repair or safety recall. Anyways I'm sure he'll have plenty of opportunities to visit the Glads. [emoticon]

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 09:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here's a pretty good youtube channel for Jeeps and looks to be for the Gladiator as well.

TrailRecon

BigDinAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 09:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Here's a pretty good youtube channel for Jeeps and looks to be for the Gladiator as well.

TrailRecon

Maybe this would be a great fit.

Trailer

kellem

Shenandoah valley,VA

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/19 06:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigDinAZ wrote:

Flashman wrote:

Ah yes the 4.0, one of the most reliable engines ever made and I'm still running one in an 05 TJ.
The problem is they are low on horses and love lots of fuel but so easy to work on.

BigDinAZ

Arizona

View Profile

Posted: 08/25/19 06:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kellem wrote:

BigDinAZ wrote:

Flashman wrote:

Ah yes the 4.0, one of the most reliable engines ever made and I'm still running one in an 05 TJ.
The problem is they are low on horses and love lots of fuel but so easy to work on.

That's my whole point. How many horses do you really need. It's not like anyone is going to pull a 40 foot trailer with it. As far as off road goes it's slow and easy in most cases, well unless you are like I used to be and slam a 350 into a cj5 and mud bog or rock crawl and spend most of the time with the foot on the floor.

Well okay I digress maybe the 4.0 was kind of a silly ida.

FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 03:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

I've yet to see one on the road yet.

I have seen several roaming around the Texas hill country and even a lifted one with what looked like 37's. This is mostly due to all of the rock climbing off road parks around here like Cline Ranch and Hidden Falls.

Yesterday coming home from the deer camp I stopped by a FCA/Ford dealer to see if they had any Gladiators. They had 5 of them with 2 Rubicons and 3 Overlands. All 5 had a MSRP of ~ $50+k.

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 03:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

ShinerBock wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

I've yet to see one on the road yet.

I have seen several roaming around the Texas hill country and even a lifted one with what looked like 37's. This is mostly due to all of the rock climbing off road parks around here like Cline Ranch and Hidden Falls.

Yesterday coming home from the deer camp I stopped by a FCA/Ford dealer to see if they had any Gladiators. They had 5 of them with 2 Rubicons and 3 Overlands. All 5 had a MSRP of ~ $50+k.

And spotted in Michigan. More in camo. What could they be [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Has anyone looked at the Jeep Gladiator?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS