|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
Jerseydevil

NJ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/23/19 06:57pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Currently awaiting roadside assistance. First time calling and not impressed.
Blew tire on highway, was able to safely limp off nearest exit.
Good Sam customer service said I had no membership only to find out they had 'glitch in computer.
Since 1st call it's now 2 1/2 hours. All state called a few minutes ago, guess they were farmed out, only to find out still no dispatch.
Edit update- 930pm All state calls only to say no service available until tomorrow morning at 8am...unbelieveable, it's not like we are in middle of nowhere.
Edit update- 8am Saturday and Good Sam says nobody is dispatched! Angry to say the least. Now the claim is someone will be here 60-90 minutes. If not then I call someone and pay out of pocket.
Edit update- 12pm 24/7 service showed up to throw on spare. We were on road by 12:30.
Mary below was helpful and hopefully an explanation of the incompetence we experienced is resolved.

* This post was last edited 08/24/19 02:52pm by Jerseydevil *   View edit history

Maryh

Denver, CO

View Profile

Posted: 08/23/19 07:26pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have private messaged you with contact information.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 04:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

theres a lot of 24hr garages with a tow truck and service .call the police they,ll give you some numbers,

eHoefler

ozark mountains

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 06:56am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Many insurance policies have road side assistance with them already, call and have the issue taken care of, pay the provider, file claim with your insurance for reimbursment.

2019 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1000FTPD of Torgue!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

PNW_Steve

Pacific Northwet & cold

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 09:27am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eHoefler wrote:

Many insurance policies have road side assistance with them already, call and have the issue taken care of, pay the provider, file claim with your insurance for reimbursment.

Pay attention to what is covered...... I paid a $541 tow bill yesterday. I discovered that my towing/roadside assistance covers my truck but not the trailer. I have corrected that but a little late....

2004.5 Dodge 3500 5.9 Cummins, NV5400, 5" turbo back stainless exhaust, Edger programmer & 22.5 Alcoa's
2002 Forest River 36 5th Wheel (staying home)
1992 Jayco 29 5th Wheel (Mexico veteran & headed back)
2002 "faux" Wanderlodge 40' My new toy....

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 08/24/19 10:05am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I won't trash one specific road service but. I had GS and now have AAA. I'd give AAA a B so far with me and GS a C. Have strongly considered just paying the extra charge to be covered through my auto insurance. It seems they would provide road service for our motor home but the towing distance, etc possibly different. But would eliminate 1 company to deal with.Have had claims with both and the response has ranged from great to unhelpful.

Jayco-noslide

chiefneon

Livingston, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/24/19 01:06pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Howdy!

We switched to Coach Net years ago. Yes it’s more expensive but have used them several times and we get what we paid for.

“Happy Trails”
Chiefneon

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 08/28/19 06:45am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Ella
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS