|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> No Propane Flow to RV Appliances

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Carl n Susan

Carmichael, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/30/19 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do any of the other propane powered devices (water heater, refer, furnace) work? No, you have a supply problem.

Yes other devices work, but not the ones in the slide out, check for crimping of the flex gas line under the slide. A not uncommon problem on some Montanas.

Gearitis

Waco TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/31/19 05:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you just turn on the propane valve and its to quick, it will set the emergency valve on the tank. Turn off the valve on the tank, let it set a few seconds and turn on slowly. Turn it off and do it again. This has happened to me on most every rv I have owned over the past 30 years. Again, turn off the propane on both tanks also make sure your valve near the regulator is turn the proper direction. It should be able to be set to one tank or the other or both tanks. Regardless, pressure is my be on tripping the emergency valve on the tank or the the valve is set wrong by the regulator. Sorry folks for any bad grammer, we are out camping and hard to see on phone!

2015 F-350 King Ranch
2015 Sabre Silhouette Select 312RKDS

pomology

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 09:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thank you everyone so much for your comments!

So I drained and refilled the tanks. The guy who vented the tank said the contents of the tank looked weird - he said normally propane vents as a white mist, but mine vented as a clear-ish mist (!?!). Perhaps there was something bad in that tank that gunked up my regulator???

Anyway, connecting the refilled tank slightly improved my stove function. It will now run sporadically, but only just barely. It now will sometimes stay lit if I put it on the highest flame setting, but even when set for max flame it produces only the tiniest flame possible without going out. And often it simply doesn't light at all.

I've checked other appliances - such as the outdoor stove - and none of them light reliably either.

So I ordered a new regulator from Amazon. Should be here by Wednesday and I'll report back on whether that fixes the problem!

Thanks!
Randy

pomology

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/02/19 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PS: I always try to be sure to turn the gas on extremely slowly, so I don't think that's the problem....

Thanks!
Randy

pomology

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/05/19 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ok folks! The saga continues!

I got the new regulator and installed It. Tested indoor and outdoor stove again and still same behavior. No good.

So I started testing every single other appliance. Earlier, After testing indoor and outdoor stove and neither worked, I had thought it would be in vain to test anything more. But I did today and lo! The gas water heater roared to life! You guys told me so. I was so foolish for not checking that earlier. .

So I started checking every inch of the hose in the slide that feeds the kitchen stove, and lo! In a hidden spot there’s a horrible kink I didn’t see. Just like the gentleman above suggested. If i hadn’t been so rushed I’d have seen it before.

So! I probably didn’t need to replace the regulator at all, but oh well. Chick it up to life tuition for my foolishness.

Anyway, this hose is linked really really badly. Is it best to loosen the hose and try to tighten it back with some opposite twist, or just replace it? If so where does on buy a replacement, and look up the part#?

Still don’t know what’s wrong with the outdoor stove, but indoor is most important.

Thanks so much guys!

Randy

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/05/19 10:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

pomology wrote:

Ok folks! The saga continues!

I got the new regulator and installed It. Tested indoor and outdoor stove again and still same behavior. No good.

So I started testing every single other appliance. Earlier, After testing indoor and outdoor stove and neither worked, I had thought it would be in vain to test anything more. But I did today and lo! The gas water heater roared to life! You guys told me so. I was so foolish for not checking that earlier. .

So I started checking every inch of the hose in the slide that feeds the kitchen stove, and lo! In a hidden spot there’s a horrible kink I didn’t see. Just like the gentleman above suggested. If i hadn’t been so rushed I’d have seen it before.

So! I probably didn’t need to replace the regulator at all, but oh well. Chick it up to life tuition for my foolishness.

Anyway, this hose is linked really really badly. Is it best to loosen the hose and try to tighten it back with some opposite twist, or just replace it? If so where does on buy a replacement, and look up the part#?

Still don’t know what’s wrong with the outdoor stove, but indoor is most important.

Thanks so much guys!

Randy

Personally, I'd see if the hose could be re-routed so that it doesn't kink, then replace the hose with a new one of a different length, if necessary.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

Roger10378

Goodrich, MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/09/19 06:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I need new hoses I go to my local propane dealer. They will make up any length I want with what ever ends I need. I never buy anything propane related from an RV dealer.

2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A

pomology

California

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 05:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, I was able to take the hose off, untwist it, and put it back on. And what do you know! The stove WORKS! The hose is still somewhat kinked and I probably should end up replacing it, but it works for now. I used a leak detector and don't detect leaks anywhere.

THANK YOU GUYS! You really saved the day. I appreciate so much every one of your comments. You helped me tremendously.

Randy

Carl n Susan

Carmichael, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As I wrote earlier, kinking of the hose is not uncommon. If you are under warranty, your dealer will (should) replace the hose and correct the routing to avoid another kink.

allen8106

Burrton. KS

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 10:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Replace the pigtails at the tank. They have a high flow valve intended to shut the gas flow off in the event of some type of high flow failure. These high flow valves can go bad. I had to replace mine after two years. Like you I thought it was the regulator. It wasn't.

2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 51

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> No Propane Flow to RV Appliances
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS