RV.Net Open Roads Forum: I'm In College Football Haven Over Here!

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> I'm In College Football Haven Over Here!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 05:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For me, Clemson did NOT look the #1,2,3, or #4 team in America. I wish NC would have kicked a PAT vs running the option to the right as the PAT would have sent the game into OT. Wisconsin beat Northwestern, but not what I would call an impressive win. My Toledo Rockets beat BYU with a last minute interception in the 4th. Qtr. Michigan Clobbered a very weak Rutgers team. Iowa looked good yesterday. The MSU/Indiana was a good game to watch with MSU coming out on top. My Buckeyes dominated a decent Nebraska team in Lincoln, Nebraska and the Bucks entertain MSU/Mi. State this coming Sat. evening at "The Shoe" in Columbus. Our new transfer QB Justin Fields has been absolutely marvelous! He hasn't tossed one interception in this 1st. 5 games. Couldn't watch LSU as that game was NOT televised up here. I don't think it is a done deal that Wisconsin is going to win the BIG10 West! Needless to say, I enjoyed watching as many college football games as I could yesterday! Bags.

Land of Opportunity & Liberty 4 ALL!

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yep-Clemson did not look good yesterday and I agree NC should have kicked the extra point. I still favor Clemson and root for any team who plays Alabama. I see Clemson getting fewer #1 points as Alabama creeps closer to #1. I also think your Buckeyes may jump LSU and become #4.

LSU had a bye week yesterday and will play Utah next week. They then begin conference play with Florida, Miss. State, Auburn and then Alabama on 10/9. Hoping the running game gets going.

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

thomasmnile

Lake Mary, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 10:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags, I know your all Buc'd up, but what gives with MSU? Preseason, one was led to believe they would be a force in the Big 10, but Sparty seems to be struggling against everyone they play. Seems like Dantonio might be feeling the heat with the faithful, more so than Mr. Harbaugh in Ann Arbor.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 04:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think Coach Dantonio has not changed with the times, just as Urban Meyer hasn't changed with the times as OSU has the same players on Defense this year, but are playing at a much higher level than they were in 2018. Sometimes a change at the top is a good thing! Personally I think Coach Day is going to have much success at OSU! The team just seems more united and focused on both side of the line this year vs last year and I feel perhaps MSU also may need a change at the top!

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/04/19 02:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bags, somebody once pointed out that a big part of why the Buckeye’s defense was so statistically underwhelming last year was that the offense moved downfield so fast and put up points so quickly the defense basically never got off the field. When the offense needed only 20 minutes of game time to score their 50 points, that left the defense (and opposing offense) out there for the other 40 minutes. The result would be lots more yards, especially after the defense started getting tired from no rest between TDS.

So, yeah, defense is doing better this year. Maybe because new coaches and schemes, maybe because offense is taking a little longer to score. Maybe a little of both?

Three yards and a cloud of dust does insure your defense will look good. Ask Army and that team up north.

* This post was edited 10/05/19 09:40am by naturist *

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/19 09:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Buckeyes looking even better after Cincinnati knocks off #18 UCF last night.

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Last weekend I watched Mich./Iowa and Mich. looked absolutely great on Defense, but NOT very good on Offense! However, they did beat Iowa 10 - 3! For me the game to watch this week is Florida
/LSU in Baton Rouge (Red Baton). I'm sure there will be other good games to watch, but I just woke up and just a little groggy! The BIG10 has (3) good Teams: Ohio State, Penn State, & Wisconsin!

bagman

Land Of Milk & Honey!

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 05:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

These are the other games I'll have interest in: MSU/Wisconsin, Alabama/Texas A&M, Penn State/Iowa, & Oklahoma/Texas. Bags.

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bagman wrote:

Last weekend I watched Mich./Iowa and Mich. looked absolutely great on Defense, but NOT very good on Offense! However, they did beat Iowa 10 - 3! For me the game to watch this week is Florida
/LSU in Baton Rouge (Red Baton). I'm sure there will be other good games to watch, but I just woke up and just a little groggy! The BIG10 has (3) good Teams: Ohio State, Penn State, & Wisconsin!

Red Baton?. That will get you laughed out of Louisiana by saying that.[emoticon] Baton Rouge means "Red Stick".

Bowling Green, KY

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 07:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The present name of the city, however, dates back to 1699, when French explorers noted a red cypress tree stripped of its bark that marked the boundary between Houma and Bayou Goula tribal hunting grounds. They called the tree "le baton rouge," or red stick.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/us-cities/The-South/Baton-Rouge-History.html

Now that is clarified... back to football. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 11  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  Sports

> I'm In College Football Haven Over Here!
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS