RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Towing a SAAB 9-3 behind Class A motorhome?

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > Towing a SAAB 9-3 behind Class A motorhome?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
olamercedes

Gloucester

New Member

Joined: 09/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 01:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi everyone,

I have a 2009 SAAB 9-3 XWD (All-wheel-drive) with a 6 speed manual transmission. I was wondering if it is possible to tow this car with all four wheels on the ground (a.k.a dinghy towing) behind my class A motorhome?

Thanks,

Adam

Lwiddis

Bishop, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 02:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Check with Saab. The owner’s booklet should tell you. I’m guessing “yes.”


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2019 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - old MOS 1542 & 1560.


Bumpyroad

Virginia

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 02:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

what does your owner's manual say? that is the only valid reference.
bumpy





gbopp

The Keystone State

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 03:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

According to Remco, the 2009 9-3 AWD, manual transmission must be Trailer Towed.

Bumpy is correct. The owners manual is the best source of information.

camperdave

northern, California

Senior Member

Joined: 10/16/2003

View Profile



Posted: 09/08/19 03:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

From the manual:

"Saab 9-3 XWD with manual transmission:
If the car is towed with all four wheels on the ground then there are no technical limitations for speed and distance. If both front wheels or both rear wheels have been raised, and if the law permits, the maximum towing speed is 30 mph (50 km/h). There are no limitations as to the distance over which the car can be towed."

Bumpyroad

Virginia

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 03:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

According to Remco, the 2009 9-3 AWD, manual transmission must be Trailer Towed.

Bumpy is correct. The owners manual is the best source of information.


and according to camperdave, Remco is wrong,per the OM.
bumpy

gbopp

The Keystone State

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 04:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bumpyroad wrote:

gbopp wrote:

According to Remco, the 2009 9-3 AWD, manual transmission must be Trailer Towed.

Bumpy is correct. The owners manual is the best source of information.


and according to camperdave, Remco is wrong,per the OM.
bumpy

Which is why I said the owners manual is the best source of information. [emoticon]

olamercedes

Gloucester

New Member

Joined: 09/08/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/08/19 04:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks guys for your help. I was able to verify the information give by camperdave as said in my owners manual.

Bumpyroad

Virginia

Senior Member

Joined: 12/01/2005

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/09/19 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gbopp wrote:

Bumpyroad wrote:

gbopp wrote:

According to Remco, the 2009 9-3 AWD, manual transmission must be Trailer Towed.

Bumpy is correct. The owners manual is the best source of information.


and according to camperdave, Remco is wrong,per the OM.
bumpy

Which is why I said the owners manual is the best source of information. [emoticon]


yep, I was just agreeing with you.
bumpy

dcmac214

SW OKLA

Senior Member

Joined: 12/21/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/10/19 11:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

camperdave wrote:

From the manual:
"Saab 9-3 XWD with manual transmission:
If the car is towed with all four wheels on the ground then there are no technical limitations for speed and distance. If both front wheels or both rear wheels have been raised, and if the law permits, the maximum towing speed is 30 mph (50 km/h). There are no limitations as to the distance over which the car can be towed."


? Doesn't make sense.
The way I read that, you can tow 4 wheels down 75mph from coast to coast and back. But if either the front or rear wheels are on a dolly the max tow speed is 30mph, which would make for one long drive going coast to coast.
?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Beginning RVing

 > Towing a SAAB 9-3 behind Class A motorhome?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Beginning RVing


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS