|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 6 Volt RV batteries

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
theoldwizard1

SE MI

View Profile

Posted: 09/09/19 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Compare the specs of a T105 with a Interstate GC2 (Costco) or a Duracell GC2 (Sams). IIRC, you are only giving up about 10% of the capacity.

RoyB

King George, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 05:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In your search for 6V GOLF CART batteries don't forget to check the prices at the local BATTERIES PLUS STORE... They are around the same price as COSTCO and SAMS CLUB and you don't have to be a member of the store... I got my 4EA DURACELL SLIGC110 215AH GOLF CART Batteries there for $84.99 EACH. The store took my old 12VDC INTERSTATE batteries for cores charge...

Very happy with my purchase there...

Roy Ken
[image]

RJsfishin

Winston Or.

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 07:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BFL13 wrote:

"

An amazing statement! If they took a long time to get that bad, and you kept using them till now, then it would seem you might only need one 12v battery to get the job done. Why buy four new 6s if you only actually need one 12v batt?

This is all very peculiar!

This statement is both amazing and peculiar !!

Rich

'01 31' Rexall Vision, Generac 5.5k, 1000 watt Honda, PD 9245 conv, 300 watts Solar, 150 watt inv, 2 Cos 6v batts, ammeters, led voltmeters all over the place, KD/sat, 2 Oly Cat heaters w/ ox, and towing a 2012 Liberty, Lowe bass boat, or a Kawi Mule.

noteven

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 08:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

BFL13 wrote:

"...and I installed a new set. It seems to be time to replace them again as they won't stay charged above about 12.1 volts"

An amazing statement! If they took a long time to get that bad, and you kept using them till now, then it would seem you might only need one 12v battery to get the job done. Why buy four new 6s if you only actually need one 12v batt?

This is all very peculiar!

Please explain. It would seem you are saying that long battery life means he has more battery capacity than he needs. Or perhaps you meant that he survived on weak batteries for a while, and that this means he has more battery than needed. Neither makes much sense.

4 x 6v only giving 12 v must mean they are half worn out in only 7 years. So one 12 v would be good for umm 3.5 years?

camperdave

northern, California

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 09:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was SHOCKED when I had to replace the starting battery in my car. Battery prices have skyrocketed in the last few years.

Costco/Sams Club is probably the best bet for 6v'ers, though I got a good deal on mine from a local golf cart shop a few years ago when I replaced them. Seem good for ~5 years, but I would not be surprised if today's batteries don't last as long.

2004 Fleetwood Tioga 29v

Powertour

Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 09:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Picked up 2 Duracell 6v batts at Sam's about a month ago for my Moho's coach 12v needs. Way too much negative feedback on the current Costco Interstate batteries for me to even consider them right now. So far so good on the Duracell's.

I think I paid around $87ea for the Duracells at Sam's.

2015 Itasca 25b Ford E350 V10

wopachop

lb

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What negatives did you read on the interstates? I bought 2 back in Feb.

MEXICOWANDERER

las peƱas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 11:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sir Beemberphile. A gentle and polite question if I may [emoticon]

How many days per year average are you vacationing disconnected? Are your batteries constantly maintained at home?

BFL13

Victoria, BC

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

What negatives did you read on the interstates? I bought 2 back in Feb.

Some Interstate 6v are from Trojan anyway. Look for the ones with the same AH as Trojan--225AH, not the 232s like before. There is a lower AH one too, forget the number.

This was confirmed by the Interstate wholesaler here a couple years ago when the 6v were switched from US battery (U-2200s etc with their numbers like 232)

1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
See Profile for House electronics set-up.

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 01:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

They were probably just as relatively expensive when you bought them before. Perhaps your view of "expensive" has changed.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> 6 Volt RV batteries
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS