|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Horrid experience Denton tx

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next
Sponsored By:
Dstalls

Denton

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 08:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’ve gotta vent for a minute. The wife and I have thought about buying a new RV to take place of our outdated but trusty Starcraft. We went and looked at new campers at #campingworld of Denton and found a beautiful Evoke Model B that we decided we want. After going back and forth we agreed on a price including our trade in and made a deal. They “didn’t have the one we wanted on the lot” and had to have it “shipped in from their mesquite location”. We laid a down payment/deposit on my American Express and had our financing in order and even had the VIN number of the unit. We setup insurance on it etc and even picked out accessories, linens etc for the new camper. I even went and leased a brand new spot at our RV storage to prepare. We were supposed to take delivery this past Sunday. Well as Sunday approached the sales manager quit communicating and dodged calls. I personally drove up there Saturday to sit down and sign the final paperwork (remember we made a down payment) and i cornered him in his office. He hemmed and hawed and told me he’d call me that afternoon. That call never came. Sunday came around and still nothing and then Monday etc. On Sunday we drove to mesquite to look at our camper and it was there and we took our walkthrough and punch list. Well today i finally had enough of the sales manager not calling us back and i called the dealer in mesquite to see if we could just do the deal there as i am going out of town this weekend. That’s when the mesquite dealer broke the news. The camping world in Denton never reserved me a camper or ever put anything in my name. They literally sold me fairy dust while charging me a down payment and running my credit. Someone else has already purchased our camper and they thought we were them doing the walkthrough. I WAS LIVID!!! I finally got ahold of the sales manager in Denton and he said “yeah,ummm sorry about that I’ll try to be better on the next one, buh bye “click”. Now I’m having to dispute the charge on my American Express and dispute this loan app with the credit bureaus. They sold us a camper that did not exist.

I have never a day in my life witnessed such fraud. I can’t even right now.

On the flip side, i did find the exact camper from a dealer in Arkansas and made the exact same deal with them this evening. We are going to get it delivered next week.

Dstalls

Denton

View Profile

Posted: 09/10/19 08:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is all over social media btw and is getting several shares per hour. In one hour almost 400 replies on Facebook alone.

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/10/19 08:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a confusing mess. Hope you get your money back.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 02:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It sounds like they did you a favor.
If that was the treatment you received before the purchase, what kind of service do you think you would get after the purchase?

I hope everything works out for you.

Bert Ackerman

Palm Beach

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 04:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dstalls wrote:

This is all over social media btw and is getting several shares per hour. In one hour almost 400 replies on Facebook alone.

Keep it going there, as from what I have seen this entire thread will shortly disappear here.

You might consider getting the AGs consumer division involved or whatever entity it is that oversees such things in TX. That said, Camping World probably has their arse covered in some small print verbiage somewhere. It sounds like it's not outright fraud, but it certainly sounds like it borders on it.

Maybe Marcus will call you. Don't hold your breath waiting.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

see this all the time ,even on there web site , just wonder how they stay in business.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 07:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello Dstalls,

We apologize for the experience you have had at the Denton Camping World location. We have forwarded your experience to the leadership team for review and follow up.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

Tyler0215

Iowa

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 07:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Review and follow up = circular file.

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

SMDH

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, sold boat and razr 900, slowing down some!

Dstalls

Denton

View Profile

Posted: 09/11/19 07:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good Sam Care Team wrote:

Hello Dstalls,

We apologize for the experience you have had at the Denton Camping World location. We have forwarded your experience to the leadership team for review and follow up.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

I posted my experience last night on social media in some RV forums and it almost went viral. Apparently this is commonplace at camping world. I heard many similar stories. One thread reached over 400 replies within an hour and finally had to be shut down. You guys have a serious pr issue and obvious business ethics issues. I was hard pressed to find ONE positive review for any camping world.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camping World RV Sales

> Horrid experience Denton tx
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camping World RV Sales

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS