RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 11:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

The last sentence of that article is most telling: "Or, should Tesla be building an RV to go with its Semi?". Don't they realize that Tesla isn't building semis yet. How can you build something to go with something that isn't even being produced? I guess you just ignore what's real and focus on what you wish would be real.

Unless this is photo (err, video) shopped fake news, Tesla has already built one and now in the process of prototyping -- this one was actually hauling 75,000 lbs load (I don't know in haul-speak if this is typical, standard or above average).

Maybe, the right term is that Tesla is not running this yet in their automated production lines. But certainly, it's out there because it's been produced (or, made, or whatever you want to call it on how they did it).

Tesla semis seen hauling 75,000 lbs load

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 11:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

The last sentence of that article is most telling: "Or, should Tesla be building an RV to go with its Semi?". Don't they realize that Tesla isn't building semis yet. How can you build something to go with something that isn't even being produced? I guess you just ignore what's real and focus on what you wish would be real.

Unless this is photo (err, video) shopped fake news, Tesla has already built one and now in the process of prototyping -- this one was actually hauling 75,000 lbs load (I don't know in haul-speak if this is typical, standard or above average).

Maybe, the right term is that Tesla is not running this yet in their automated production lines. But certainly, it's out there because it's been produced (or, made, or whatever you want to call it on how they did it).

Funny? Wonder why they don't have an uncut movie of it going from point A to point B with a bunch of Tesla cars on a trailer?

Weird nobody sees it going down the road with a load on it for hours on end? "They" said it can go 500 miles. So why not show it going 500 miles?

Pick me, pick me; I know the reason!! [emoticon]

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

That's pretty old news, that clip was out a few months back, early spring I believe. And that is a prototype, the semi is not in production, which is what I said. A test mule isn't production.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

That's pretty old news, that clip was out a few months back, early spring I believe. And that is a prototype, the semi is not in production, which is what I said. A test mule isn't production.

Yeah, it was a vigin birth -- or magic! [emoticon]

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 01:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Semi has its own thread. Is there any GM or RAM news?

I think RAM or Toyota will be last to have an EV truck

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 07:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Not even news that they are on development for one.

I wonder for Toyota, they were ahead on hybrid -- and suddenly, have had no entry on full EV.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 07:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

I wonder for Toyota, they were ahead on hybrid -- and suddenly, have had no entry on full EV.

They announced recently they will be staying with hydrogen fuel cell development.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

They announced recently they will be staying with hydrogen fuel cell development.

How the review on their hydrogen fuel cell cars?

It's more than one year in the market and must have some customer-user's feedback by now.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Toyota does have some hydrogen fleet trucks hauling containers around port of Los Angeles.
Would like to see a consumer truck and see how that is received.
Mirai is a slow seller. Very few fueling stations so that cuts into range a bit also.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 08:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

time2roll wrote:

How the review on their hydrogen fuel cell cars?

It's more than one year in the market and must have some customer-user's feedback by now.

From what I read the car is fine. It’s the refueling that is the problem. Few and far in between. Expensive. Energy intense to make. Hard to transport. There have been a couple incidents and since then many of the refueling spots have been closed. They have actually been in production for a few years. They are competing against electric which can be fuelled at literally billions of electrical outlets in the world. A home fueling station takes about 3 minutes to setup in its simplest form on a 120 volts plug. Even 240 is pretty easy in most houses. This was our outside charge station for the first three years of EV driving. That’s our Christmas light soffit plug that the EVSE is plugged into. Kinda tough to set up home fueling with hydrogen, and 95 percent of all the charging EV drivers do is at home.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 37  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Chevy, Ford... going into electric trucks.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.