|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Dutch_12078

Winters south, summers north

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 10:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In the area near our upstate NY cottage using Gas Buddy's pricing, in the time since the Saudi attack the regular gas price variation range, both plus and minus, was ~7 cents. In the 30 days prior to the attack, the range was ~6 cents. Can I drain the gas out of my bath tub now? [emoticon]

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/29/19 11:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hey B.S.

It's been what? A week? Shame you cannot differentiate a week from a month. Costo Chula Vista CA. prices jumped fifty-one cents a gallon. But of course, that is beyond your vision. The issue was and is this: Saudi Arabia sooner or later is going to drag us kicking and screaming in the middle of all this. Meanwhile, the R.V.er who filled his gas tank is laughing his ass off. Let's hear more comments.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 05:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

Current price for diesel (today Sept. 14, 2019) in my area, per Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75. Will check back in a few days with an update!

Sept. 15, 2019 Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75

No change yet!

Sept. 17, Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.80 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.85

Slight change.

Sept. 18, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.24, and with gas low $2.45 to high $2.85

Mixed

Sept. 30, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.47 to high $2.65

Certainly no obvious trend, and I haven't heard any rumbling of war threats from the White House. Of course, this President has demonstrated he is not one to go to war on a whim. More likely he will wait a while and then do something behind the scenes which will make the point and we will hear about it much later.

If a war breaks out over this, maybe I will revisit this thread.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

hypoxia

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 07:18am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Hey B.S.

It's been what? A week? Shame you cannot differentiate a week from a month. Costo Chula Vista CA. prices jumped fifty-one cents a gallon. But of course, that is beyond your vision. The issue was and is this: Saudi Arabia sooner or later is going to drag us kicking and screaming in the middle of all this. Meanwhile, the R.V.er who filled his gas tank is laughing his ass off. Let's hear more comments.

I found it interesting that Loves local retail price for diesel jumped to $3.28 but the wholesale price that truckers and RVers with an EFS card has decreased to $2.57. Costco is in the business of making money...............

Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

mgirardo

Brunswick, GA

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 07:20am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Hey B.S.

It's been what? A week? Shame you cannot differentiate a week from a month. Costo Chula Vista CA. prices jumped fifty-one cents a gallon.

It's been over 2 weeks actually. Everywhere I've been on the east coast, gas prices are failing back down to pre-attack levels. Where we live, prices jumped about 15 cents per gallon. Prices began dropping a couple days after the spike. I haven't been out of the house today, but according to Gas Buddy, the prices are back to their pre-attack levels, $2.35/gallon.

Commifornia was almost $1.00/gallon more before the attacks. According to Gas Buddy, gas in Los Angeles is $1.80/gallon more than gas prices here. Almost $1.00 more than any other state near it. Seems like Commifornia is ridiculously high all the time.

-Michael

Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

MEXICOWANDERER

las peñas, michoacan, mexico

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 01:19pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You forgot the time element I allowed for this.

Ooh ooh is it done?
After 15 minutes in the oven?

The USA is a large area

I covered worst-case

California first pop 40,000,000

Best case TEXAS would have been WRONG and dishonest.

The Bigg error here would be to lose nothing.

But here fifty dollars saved is fifty dollars saved

Please do not apply for a CFO position.

ItsyRV

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 01:56pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Hey B.S.

Four main things came together to cause there proce spike you mentioned price spike.

1. This is the traditional summer/winter formulation changeover which causes a temporary reduction in supply. This is an annual event that would have caused a price hike regardless of any other external turmoil.

2. Both Chevron and Marathon refineries in Los Angeles suffered unexpected maintenance breakdowns. Add this to the already regional reduction due to the Texas refinery issue and supply levels are low. Breakdowns occur all the time with temporary spike increases that has nothing to due with any external turmoil.

3. Saudi attack. The attack in Saudi Arabia actually doesn't have that big an impact on US oil imports and is more a factor in global oil prices.

4. Panic is the number one reason for price spikes. If people get all panicky over an event and make that event a big deal, investors and speculators will respond inkind and jack up prices just because consumers expect it to rise. We have seen it before where events cause a price spike but the second people didn't accept the hike, prices dropped. If people run around like Chicken-Little, I don't blame investors and speculators for ramming it to people with price hikes.

1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 02:37pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

We burn gasoline 24/7/365 with no storage. CFO looking at this would be a waste of time.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 03:04pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Ooh ooh is it done?

The USA is a large area

I covered worst-case

Originally, you were promising thousands of dollars of savings due to a coming global oil crisis. Now we are down to fifty bucks. That would be grounds for firing any CFO.

John&Joey

Summer-North,Winter-South

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 03:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

westernrvparkowner wrote:

MEXICOWANDERER wrote:

Ooh ooh is it done?

The USA is a large area

I covered worst-case

Originally, you were promising thousands of dollars of savings due to a coming global oil crisis. Now we are down to fifty bucks. That would be grounds for firing any CFO.

[emoticon]

We’re no longer dependent on eastern oil. In the oil fields by Carlsbad where a worker said to me that we were standing on the biggest reserve in the world. Some crazy depth like ?0k feet. He then said we now have the technology to reach it.

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS