|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 04:23pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where? Still falling here in NJ! CA doesn't count! They will use any excuse to raise gas prices and not use a penny of it to repair their roads!
Not only that, but how in the World is this a Tech Issues topic!?

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

abom2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 09:05pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The real contest is not always on the court in front of your face. A lot of work had to have been done from 2015 to 2018 to get WTI from 28 to 55 a barrel. If one wants to win a trade war, you apply pressure from all angles.

Remember a magician wants you to watch a given area when performing.

I remember the Royal Dutch and their first cries in the mid 60's about the world running out of oil. Then all parties were on board by 72. Then in 75 during the embargo and all that silliness I was standing in an office at the Baker Oil Tools World HQ looking at a map that showed known supplies in North America.

Heck, we were sending tools to all over North Dakota, SD, WY, and of course off shore in the Gulf. Tankers full of crude sitting at anchor, stacked to the horizon, sitting in the Gulf off of Galveston Bay. But we were running out of oil. LOL Same game play, over and over and over...

Everyone just glides along with the flow, cause they have their few crumbs.

lane hog

Tucson, AZ & NW Chicago Burbs, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/19 02:53am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It's time to switch from summer to winter blends (and for some refineries to adjust to producing more heating oil), so it's pretty normal to see prices will head up for a couple weeks...

• 2019 Grand Design 29TBS (had a Winnebago and 3x Jayco owner)
  • 2016 F-150 3.5L MaxTow (had Ram 2500 CTD, Dodge Durango)
  • 130W solar and 2005 Honda EU2000i twins that just won't quit

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/19 09:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Copied from OC Register: (note there is nothing to do with the middle east)

Editorial

Understanding California’s high gas prices

Gas prices have spiked in California, with the average price up 65.1 cents from the start of the year to the end of September. Drivers now are paying more than $4 per gallon throughout Southern California. Los Angeles County saw an increase of 32 cents in a week, according to AAA.

The price hike follows problems at three refineries. The Chevron and Marathon refineries in Southern California experienced unplanned maintenance. In Northern California, the Valero refinery in Benicia had an issue that led to a cutback in production.

California is particularly vulnerable to supply disruptions because of the state’s inability to import gasoline from other states. No other state uses the same formulation of gasoline that California requires, making the Golden State something of a fuel island, unable to address shortages. Other states that experience supply disruptions can easily import gasoline from somewhere outside their own borders.

Politicians typically point fingers at the oil companies for higher gas prices, but in October 2012, an action by then-Gov. Jerry Brown revealed another possible culprit.

At that time, problems at refineries had caused a supply disruption. A fire at a Bay Area refinery took that facility offline,

and a power failure at the refinery in Torrance temporarily limited production. The statewide average price of gasoline reached $4.66.

Citing the “unacceptable cost impacts on consumers and small businesses,” Brown ordered the California Air Resources Board to allow refineries to switch to the winter blend of gas earlier than usual.

California requires summerblend gasoline, which is better for air quality, to be sold from April 1 to Oct. 31, to coincide with the long warm-weather season. Winter-blend gasoline is sold from Nov. 1 to the end of March.

Brown’s order to California air regulators freed up more gasoline for sale, increasing the state’s supply by an estimated 10%. Unfortunately, temporarily easing air regulations to solve a gasoline supply shortage, although effective, isn’t as popular among politicians as demanding an investigation of energy companies.

Gov. Gavin Newsom already has asked the Energy Commission to investigate whether market manipulation is responsible for an increase in gasoline prices of between 17 and 34 cents per gallon, dating back to 2015. That report is due Oct. 15.

But with AAA reporting the national average price of gasoline at $2.65 while Californians pay a statewide average price of $4.02 (more than Hawaii, at $3.67), Californians deserve to know how much of the higher price is due to state regulations.

California’s cap-and-trade program, which requires refineries to buy permits

to emit greenhouse gases, adds a varying amount to the cost of fuel. And according to FuelingCalifornia. org, the California Air Resources Board has estimated that the additional costs of producing the state’s special reformulated gasoline adds 5-15 cents per gallon over the cost of conventional gasoline.

Then there are the taxes. Senate Bill 1 in 2017 added an extra 12 cents per gallon to the cost of gas, with an annual increase thereafter, to pay for road repair and mass transit projects.

High gas prices are a severe burden on people who have to drive to work, or who use their vehicle in their jobs or businesses. Newsom may want to consider whether temporary waivers of regulations could ease the pain, and in the longer term, whether the requirement for the state’s exclusive fuel blend is worth what it’s costing us.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/03/19 11:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Gas prices in Chattanooga, Tn are in thee 2.15 to 2.18 range, up about 10 to 12 cents from late Aug when we left.
We bought diesel for 2.39 when we left. It is now 2.44 to 2.49 except at the big truck stops along the Interstates.

* This post was edited 10/03/19 11:19am by down home *

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 11:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crude is at a 2 month low and falling. In the spirit of this thread we should be getting out the siphon hoses and selling the fuel in our rigs.

larry cad

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 06:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

larry cad wrote:

Current price for diesel (today Sept. 14, 2019) in my area, per Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75. Will check back in a few days with an update!

Sept. 15, 2019 Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75

No change yet!

Sept. 17, Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.80 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.85

Slight change.

Sept. 18, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.24, and with gas low $2.45 to high $2.85

Mixed

Sept. 30, Diesel Gas Buddy ranges from low $2.89 to high $3.25, and with gas low $2.47 to high $2.65

Certainly no obvious trend, and I haven't heard any rumbling of war threats from the White House. Of course, this President has demonstrated he is not one to go to war on a whim. More likely he will wait a while and then do something behind the scenes which will make the point and we will hear about it much later.

If a war breaks out over this, maybe I will revisit this thread.

Sept. 14, 2019 in my area, per Gas Buddy diesel ranged from low $2.79 to high $3.19, and with gas low $2.39 to high $2.75
Oct. 6, 2019 in my area, per Gas Buddy, diesel ranged from low $2.59 to high $3.29, and gas low $2.36 to high $2.79
So, if I had jumped on the bandwagon when this post first appeared, and filled my 125 gallon diesel tank, I would have lost $25.00. Also have not received my draft notice to report for overseas duty. (Do they still do that?)
This has been an interesting thread. I’m surprised the mods have left it run. I’ve also noticed there haven’t been any “chicken little”, sky is falling articles in the media. I wonder when we will see major changes, upheaval, war, rationing, etc.

Today is my personal best for most consecutive days alive.

Our Travel Blog

Learjet

Louisiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 08:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gas/diesel/jet fuel prices are very stable under the current administration....the sky is not falling.

2017 Ram Big Horn, DRW Long Box, 4x4, Cummins, Aisin, 3.73
2015 Wildcat 317RL, MoRryde rubber pin box, Titan Disc Brakes, Trojan T105
B&W Ram Companion

Yamaha EF2600c tri-fuel generator
Champion Model 46595- 3000/3500w

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Not A Joke Top Off With Gasoline or Diesel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.