RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: New trailer (almost)

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New trailer (almost)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 07:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Had a friend with a bad toilet in a new camper, in a similar situation. Dealer said they were waiting on the part. My friend walked around the dealers sales yard on a Saturday telling potential customers about how he had been waiting a month to get his brand new camper fixed. Some how the dealer found the part in the shop and got him fixed in an hour.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 213k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

badsix

north bend or.

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would check with your local better business office or a lawyer you've only had ownership about 17 days you might have a money back policy in your favor. it would be worth checking.
Jay D.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 07:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

badsix wrote:

ScottG wrote:

This is getting blown way out of proportion for such a minor problem. The dealer will get a replacement window and it will be replaced under warranty. No big deal. (I WISH that had been all that was wrong with mine).
I would take the trailer until the part comes in and go camping.

Two weeks and the possibility for more. as it sounds like they don't even have parts to fix it. i'd call that a little more than a big deal. I would talk to the manager again and mention that you want your money back and that your going to contact an attorney, see what that does to the conversation.
Jay D.

No, I would call something like a bad leak or the need for a new roof (my case) a "major" problem. A window, like any single piece, is just something to be swapped out.
A window is something I would let them get and then return the RV during the off-season for replacement.
No one has refused to fix anything. They just need to get the part and for something that size, it will probably come inside another new trailer when it is delivered. That's how they ship larger items.
Don't sweat this.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 09/17/19 08:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was going to suggest you take the trailer home and camp in it until they get the new window in and it's convenient for you. But then I saw the part in the original post where you basically said you won't take it until it's fixed. The fact that you never took it off the lot might be able to work in your favor. But hopefully it doesn't get to that point.

Tomorrow (Wednesday) I would call the dealer for an update on what is happening. Then call the customer service number for the manufacturer and talk to them about it. Ask them if the dealer has even ordered the part yet. Tell them you are getting frustrated and need some assistance from them to get things moving. See what they say.

But truly nothing you described sounds like a show stopper and I would take the trailer and go camping.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

belairbrian

Alabama

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/17/19 09:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'd contact Keystone. I've owned a couple Keystone products. They have always been helpful. Our first new RV was a Keystone Springdale. At PDI the table was as bowed as a sway back mule. The part was ordered that day. We went home (about 150 miles) and Keystone just shipped anew table to the house. Didn't want the old one back.
When the outdoor shower shot a knob across Topsail Hill. They again sent the part and I had it installed myself (my choice).

My point being, from my experience Keystone customer support has always been very responsive.

TV 2007 Chevy 2500 Long Box Vortec 8.1/Allison
2009 Chaparral 278DS
Reese 16K Slider Hitch, Prodigy 3 BC
USAF Retired
WAR EAGLE

bob4a3

SW Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/19 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the replies. Maybe I'm just upset that the dealer tried to hide the issues. Think I'll call keystone, express my disappointment and see if they can help expedite a new window.

From there I'll probably pick it up and go camping.

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 07:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've done the wander the lot talking to all the potential customers thing with a used car lot. Not much comes of it other than an angry sales staff but it sure felt good.

If it moves and it shouldn't..... duct tape
if it doesn't move and it should.....WD40
if all else fails .....BFH

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 09:27am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As said, persistence is your only recourse at this point.
In the meantime, go camping if you were planning to. I dont think leaving it on their lot as a reminder will speed up the process

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/18/19 11:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

T and that your going to contact an attorney, see what that does to the conversation.
Jay D.

My advice is against saying you'll get an attorney involved. In my business if someone says either of the "A" words (one being attorney) then I quit speaking to them and let my attorney get involved if/when we get a letter. Once you elevate the conversation to attorney then they may just sit back and not do anything. More flys with honey, as they say. Be polite, firm and respectful is my motto.

Good luck

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/18/19 04:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

guidry wrote:

ScottG wrote:

T and that your going to contact an attorney, see what that does to the conversation.
Jay D.

My advice is against saying you'll get an attorney involved. In my business if someone says either of the "A" words (one being attorney) then I quit speaking to them and let my attorney get involved if/when we get a letter. Once you elevate the conversation to attorney then they may just sit back and not do anything. More flys with honey, as they say. Be polite, firm and respectful is my motto.

Good luck

I thought policy here was that if the word attorney, etc., was used, the thread would be closed.
bumpy

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> New trailer (almost)
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS