RV.Net Open Roads Forum: new ?’s: options on custom order 2020 Ford F-350 6.2L gas

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > new ?’s: options on custom order 2020 Ford F-350 6.2L gas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
jimh425

Western MT

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 09/20/19 09:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LosAngeles wrote:

the current 6.2L V8 produces 385 HP and 430 lb.-ft. of torque,

and the new 7.3L V8 produces 430 HP and 475 lb.-ft. of torque,


I’m pretty sure that a nonturbo gasoline engine will be fine. As far the the HP goes, if you think the 7.3 has the same potential per liter, it should easily go over 500 HP with a tune, but we will see.

Just wondering though, why not buy a 2019 if you don’t want the 2020 features. Seems like you’d save a lot of money.


'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.


LosAngeles

Los Angeles, CA

Full Member

Joined: 11/27/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/21/19 08:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

K Mac wrote:

On a 2013 Lariat I am happy I got the 5th wheel pkg, I can see it down the road clearer now than I did then, wheel liners are a good thing in my opinion,I put lawn sprinklers (2-3) under my truck every time I drive in snow, we use plenty of liquid and salt here in the N East and I do not show Any signs of corrosion or rust. The sprinklers really do the job. I went on the web and found black aluminum running boards/no drill (dee-cee i believe) for a 1/4 of Fords $, these options were 33-25% cheaper back then also.


Hey K Mac

are these the running boards? (made in USA)

https://www.deezee.com/made-usa/

if yes - are you happy with them, 6 years later?

the Dee Zee aluminum f350 crew cab ones are about $700 but i am hoping would last forever....

LosAngeles

Los Angeles, CA

Full Member

Joined: 11/27/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/21/19 08:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

... Just wondering though, why not buy a 2019 if you don’t want the 2020 features. Seems like you’d save a lot of money.


We use a broker, to save tons of $ and zero hassle

and as we are in no rush (camper has not been made yet) and we want the new safety features in the 2020 (according to Ford, more safety features will be included in each package)

and we also want the newly available 10 speed transmission..... has been available in some F150's for a while I believe and is getting rave reviews

the 2019 F350 does not have the 10 speed transmission on any models.

and as we use a broker, we get the lowest possible price... and custom ordering, we'll get exactly the options we want, and no options we dont want.

:-)

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/21/19 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Can you say how much broker saved you?
I order my dually at Modesto Ford and would have to check the receipts, but they give like $6000 below MSRP and then all Ford's discounts add.





LosAngeles

Los Angeles, CA

Full Member

Joined: 11/27/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/21/19 09:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Can you say how much broker saved you?
I order my dually at Modesto Ford and would have to check the receipts, but they give like $6000 below MSRP and then all Ford's discounts add.


Have not ordered truck yet

But we paid $1,250 BELOW dealer cost for our new SUV, for example.

No one else (AAA, Costco, dealers) would do better than $500 ABOVE dealer cost.

for the exact same vehicle.

And yes I know that “dealer cost” is a not-quite- honest #

and our savings listed above prove it.

whizbang

Kenmore, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 08/20/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/21/19 09:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The options you asked about are not worth it, except possibly the tow package.

Good choices overall.

I wonder about the engine block heater. This is normally a diesel option. I would be surprised to see it available in a gasser.


Whizbang
2002 Winnebago Minnie
http://www.raincityhome.com/RAWH/index.htm


LosAngeles

Los Angeles, CA

Full Member

Joined: 11/27/2018

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 09/21/19 09:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

whizbang wrote:

The options you asked about are not worth it, except possibly the tow package.

Good choices overall.

I wonder about the engine block heater. This is normally a diesel option. I would be surprised to see it available in a gasser.


Thanks. :-)

And yes - the engine heater is available on gas.

For when it is -30 F we will be happy to have it!

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

Senior Member

Joined: 06/18/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/21/19 09:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LosAngeles wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Can you say how much broker saved you?
I order my dually at Modesto Ford and would have to check the receipts, but they give like $6000 below MSRP and then all Ford's discounts add.


Have not ordered truck yet

But we paid $1,250 BELOW dealer cost for our new SUV, for example.

No one else (AAA, Costco, dealers) would do better than $500 ABOVE dealer cost.

for the exact same vehicle.

And yes I know that “dealer cost” is a not-quite- honest #

and our savings listed above prove it.

Once you have the list set, send it to Modesto for quote as well.
Jerry Urban was the salesman and he should remember Kris from Vegas.
Modesto also gives free oil changes on purchased trucks.

K Mac

Lower Hudson Valley N.Y.

Senior Member

Joined: 06/09/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/21/19 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LosAngeles wrote:

K Mac wrote:

On a 2013 Lariat I am happy I got the 5th wheel pkg, I can see it down the road clearer now than I did then, wheel liners are a good thing in my opinion,I put lawn sprinklers (2-3) under my truck every time I drive in snow, we use plenty of liquid and salt here in the N East and I do not show Any signs of corrosion or rust. The sprinklers really do the job. I went on the web and found black aluminum running boards/no drill (dee-cee i believe) for a 1/4 of Fords $, these options were 33-25% cheaper back then also.
... Very Happy w/ my Dee Zee alum. black running boards. They come w/ front fender mud flap n end cap. One of the rubber step pads got lost this year so I used a truck mud flap and glued that down in it's place. Seems to be holding up well. Boards themselves are as good as new, great product. Shop around on web (diff. distributors) offer 20-25% end of season, match pricing, etc... I got mine super cheap this way, quoted a off the wall company and then use a reputable company I trust, so long as they can pull up the add.

Hey K Mac

are these the running boards? (made in USA)

https://www.deezee.com/made-usa/

if yes - are you happy with them, 6 years later?

the Dee Zee aluminum f350 crew cab ones are about $700 but i am hoping would last forever....


Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 09/21/19 09:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

LosAngeles wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Can you say how much broker saved you?
I order my dually at Modesto Ford and would have to check the receipts, but they give like $6000 below MSRP and then all Ford's discounts add.


Have not ordered truck yet

But we paid $1,250 BELOW dealer cost for our new SUV, for example.

No one else (AAA, Costco, dealers) would do better than $500 ABOVE dealer cost.

for the exact same vehicle.

And yes I know that “dealer cost” is a not-quite- honest #

and our savings listed above prove it.

Once you have the list set, send it to Modesto for quote as well.
Jerry Urban was the salesman and he should remember Kris from Vegas.
Modesto also gives free oil changes on purchased trucks.


He lives in the Midwest.


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > new ?’s: options on custom order 2020 Ford F-350 6.2L gas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS