RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Toy Haulers: Rear Deck Patio - Aftermarket rails

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > Rear Deck Patio - Aftermarket rails

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
dedmiston

Valencia

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/11/19 02:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't skimp on the support cables. Earlier this summer a friend of mine was standing on his ramp holding his grandbaby and the motorcycle tie-down straps he was using broke. He and the baby rolled down the ramp, but he held on and protected the kid all the way down. Could have been a disaster.

These ramps are a huge lever and put crazy stress on the supports.


2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230



tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/11/19 03:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

jmbstudios

Sunny Southwest

Full Member

Joined: 12/19/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/12/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Don't skimp on the support cables. Earlier this summer a friend of mine was standing on his ramp holding his grandbaby and the motorcycle tie-down straps he was using broke. He and the baby rolled down the ramp, but he held on and protected the kid all the way down. Could have been a disaster.

These ramps are a huge lever and put crazy stress on the supports.


My cables are factory.

But the toddler fence or xpens sounds like a temp fix until I find a good deal on rails.


2019 F250 Lariat FX4
2018 Genesis Supreme 32CR
PRS and Taylor Guitars

jmbstudios

Sunny Southwest

Full Member

Joined: 12/19/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/13/19 09:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.

tomman58

Southeast Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 06/12/2005

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/14/19 07:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jmbstudios wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.



So much for the sand between your toes eh?

dedmiston

Valencia

Moderator

Joined: 01/26/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/14/19 05:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

jmbstudios wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.


So much for the sand between your toes eh?


Most of the beach campsites don't actually open up to the beach. Our beach camps are always up on a bluff overlooking the beaches. The party patio is a great way to open up the garage and fill the room with sea air and watch the sun set. I've set up my laptop out there and put in plenty of uninterrupted billable hours on the veranda. It sure beats an office.

jmbstudios

Sunny Southwest

Full Member

Joined: 12/19/2004

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/14/19 09:23pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

jmbstudios wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.


So much for the sand between your toes eh?


Most of the beach campsites don't actually open up to the beach. Our beach camps are always up on a bluff overlooking the beaches. The party patio is a great way to open up the garage and fill the room with sea air and watch the sun set. I've set up my laptop out there and put in plenty of uninterrupted billable hours on the veranda. It sure beats an office.


Silver Strand on Coronado is great!

nayther

Burbank, CA

Senior Member

Joined: 03/21/2005

View Profile



Posted: 10/15/19 07:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

jmbstudios wrote:

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.


On the west coast we have some campgrounds where the rear of the trailer hangs over the beach. Beach front property!

Watching the sunsets are aweesome.


So much for the sand between your toes eh?


Most of the beach campsites don't actually open up to the beach. Our beach camps are always up on a bluff overlooking the beaches. The party patio is a great way to open up the garage and fill the room with sea air and watch the sun set. I've set up my laptop out there and put in plenty of uninterrupted billable hours on the veranda. It sure beats an office.


I had my TH at Emma Wood once, back deck out over the rocks at the water's edge. High tide might have got wet!


DIRT BIKES RULE

'12 Duramax CC short bed
2019 Wildcat Maxx 285RKX

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/15/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

I have always thought of these as special need or useless. I watch the one with the side porch this allows you to do the Grey Poupon thing with you neighbor in most rv parks. As for the one on the back you can watch you neighbors TV if you wish.
I've always worked to be out of the TT as that is why we RV. If I wanted to be couped up I would've stayed home!

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.
Amazingly enough, not everyone does things, and enjoys things, exactly the same way you do. It's called diversity. And if you got a trailer, you're RV'ing. Want to camp? Get a tent.


Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

joebedford

Finally back home in the north

Senior Member

Joined: 09/03/2003

View Profile



Posted: 10/15/19 09:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

tomman58 wrote:

Soon to go for a campfire and dogs & beer........ camping.
I'm with you on one out of these three.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Toy Haulers  >  Toy Haulers

 > Rear Deck Patio - Aftermarket rails
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Toy Haulers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS