|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> So Dakota Domicile

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 02:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

janstey58 wrote:

Do you have to have proof of original sales tax paid in your current state for each vehicle when it was originally purchased? And if so does that keep you from paying SD sales tax upon registration? Thx, Jeff

10-4. If you have proof of sales tax paid previously at 4% or greater of the vehicle's current NADA value. If not you pay 4% of the current value or the difference.

I believe I paid 4 percent on my 15 RAM then it went up to 5 percent with the 16 DRV.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

Over the years in the past, I've moved to several different states and had several vehicles re-titled and re-licensed, Indiana, North Carolina, Missouri, back to Indiana, Massachusetts, back to Indiana, Virginia, Ohio, back to Indiana. I paid Sales tax only the first time at the state I was currently a resident of when I purchased the vehicle. When moving to the next state, I only paid for the title and registration (plates).

Why would you pay sales tax twice? That just makes no sense at all.

This is all very interesting but has no relevance to the original question!

Bumpyroad

Virginia

View Profile

Posted: 09/23/19 04:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

before giving up a real residence with uility bills, insurance,etc. I would get that gold star on my drivers licenses for real ID.
bumpy

SDcampowneroperator

South Dakota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/23/19 05:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Call the county treasurer, for tax rates amd registration fees. SD does charge a balance on sales tax, IF you paid a lesser rate in the other jurusdiction.
sd.gov A little search will answer your questions.

JOERVDREAM

quincy, ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 10:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just purchased a pre owned RV in Oregon. I live in California. I just sent all the paperwork into Clay County South Dakota. I am paying them the sales tax of 4% plus 10 dollar title fee and 220 registration. Clay County Treasurer has a web site. Being from Ca. I almost went into shock when they answered the phone and are very friendly and will answer all your questions. I have called a couple times always a pleasurable experience. The best part is they will mail your plates to anywhere you don't need an address there.
Now I just have to stay one step in front of the revenue collectors (CHP) till I retire in December and head south.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 10:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I no longer have a SD Domicile or drivers License but my tabs renewal are sent to my NW address and I call them and give CC info and they send to NW address.

irishtom29

San Antonio

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 03:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JOERVDREAM wrote:

I
Now I just have to stay one step in front of the revenue collectors (CHP) till I retire in December and head south.

I hope they nail you.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/02/19 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

irishtom29 wrote:

JOERVDREAM wrote:

I

I hope they nail you.

Nice!

In sure you hate ICE also.

TechWriter

On The Road

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/02/19 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JOERVDREAM wrote:

I just purchased a pre owned RV in Oregon. I live in California. I just sent all the paperwork into Clay County South Dakota. I am paying them the sales tax of 4% plus 10 dollar title fee and 220 registration. Clay County Treasurer has a web site. Being from Ca. I almost went into shock when they answered the phone and are very friendly and will answer all your questions. I have called a couple times always a pleasurable experience. The best part is they will mail your plates to anywhere you don't need an address there.

I don't have a dog in this race, but some advice . . . don't discuss this stuff in a public forum, especially when a state like CA is involved.

2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP
Full Timer since May 2013
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

jplante4

Cape Cod

View Profile

Posted: 10/03/19 06:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Moved from General RVing

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Full-time RVing

> So Dakota Domicile
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Full-time RVing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS