|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Blackstone Griddle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next
Sponsored By:
Bears Den

Estero, Fl.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don’t know if this has been brought up before but has anyone used a Blackstone griddle while camping. My son has one at home and he raves about it, making breakfast, lunch and dinner on it. Uses propane to run it and they even have a table top model that they advertise for camping. Read a lot of good reviews but none from campers. Just curious if anyone has experience with one, good or bad. Thanks for any replies.

2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

bob213

Fresno, CA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 07:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 17" for the trailer. I have the Walmart (only) 22" with griddle, metal cover and stand ($147) for home. Love them both. If I knew what I do now I would have bought the 22" for the trailer and the 36" for home. I could get rid of my BBQ and never miss it. We cook chinese, fajitas, burgers, steaks, pizza on a stone, complete breakfast etc.

You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality – Ayn Rand

happy2rv

Huntsville, AL, USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/29/19 08:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 36" at home. I've never used it camping. We use it to cook hibachi style Japanese on a lot.

The 17" is intriguing for camping, but I'm not sure how easy it would be to convert it from 1 lb bottles to hook up to the grill's quick connect on the trailer. I'm afraid the 1 lb bottles would drive me mad.

2018 Forrest River Salem Hemisphere 282RK - 2017 RAM 1500 TV

Previous RVs and TOADS
2004 Fleetwood Bounder 32W on WH W20
2000 Four Winds 5000 21RB
1986 27' Allegro
TOADS
2005 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD
2004 Suzuki Aerio
1988 Chevrolet Sprint

04fxsts

Westville, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 02:45am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Got the 28" for home and found it to be everything I had hoped, love it. I then decided to get the 17" table top model for the MH and am just as happy with it as well. We already carry a small table with us and the small propane bottles seem to last pretty well. Jim.

wowens79

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 04:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got the 17", that I use at home, and take it camping. Works great. I bought it right before the 22" came out, and if I'd known it was coming out I would have waited and bought it.

2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 213k miles and climbing
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

ford truck guy

Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 06:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the 17" in our RV and really like it.... We can cook anything from eggs,bacon,pancakes to burgers, chicken, whatever..

Me-Her-the kids
2015 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020Redwood 3991RD Garnet

MewshawManor

Hood County, TX

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 07:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Personally, I think they are not worth the extra weight. A cheapo electric griddle weighs far less. They aren't always as good as distributing heat evenly, but we have some fine pancakes and bacon from ours on every camping trip. To each their own.

The Blackstone is a nice griddle. If that's your preferred method of cooking, then you make the choice to carry it.

Humpty

Clayton, NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bob213 wrote:

I have the 17" for the trailer. I have the Walmart (only) 22" with griddle, metal cover and stand ($147) for home.

We have the same. We purchased the 17 long before the 22 came out. I would start with the 22 if I didn't have one. It is just the right size for us.

2007 Challenger 33DBB parked on the Coast

2016 GMC Canyon Diesel

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/30/19 08:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the 17" for trailer and the 22" at home. Both have the metal covers.

To fit a metal cover to the Walmart 17" rear grease trap model, simply add 1" spacers and longer bolts to move the cover rearward. I found the best price for a 17" cover to be directly from Blackstone. The Royal Gourmet 21" gas grill bag works perfectly for this setup and holds 2 bottles. If you flip the top and haul the griddle that way, the aluminum pop rivets wear on the cooking surface making an unhealthy mess, I replaced them with 5/32" stainless steel rivets.

A conversion kit is available to easily connect to an RV. Do some searching for better prices and more options.

lap527

Ocala, Florida

View Profile

Posted: 09/30/19 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We just bought a plain old lodge griddle and put it on our baby Q. Works for us!

2006 Dodge 3500 dually 4X4 / 2013 Livin Lite 10.0 TC /Torklift talons, fastguns, stableloads, superhitch, and truss/ towing a
14'V Nose Trailer Hauling 2014 Tri-glide Harley Davidson, recently added a 2016 Livin Lite 21RBS travel trailer. No Wood!No Rot!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Blackstone Griddle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS