|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Blackstone Griddle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
whiteeye42

Rock Springs Wyoming

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 11:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

yes i take mine camping each and everytime we go it works wonders

Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

jimbow2

LaJunta , co.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/15/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Truck camper here... Weber smoky Joe user that just been using the 17" last several months... finding it very useful and handy... Main reason for changing is we are not happy with propane grilling, prefer charcoal, so when forest fire restrictions are on charcoal not useable..... amazed with its utility and the good meals it has produced... gave a 17" to our son for there rodeo travels with family..... Maybe give more for Christmas presents....

jimbow

OleManOleCan

Alabama

View Profile

Posted: 11/27/19 10:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bears Den wrote:

Don’t know if this has been brought up before but has anyone used a Blackstone griddle while camping. My son has one at home and he raves about it, making breakfast, lunch and dinner on it. Uses propane to run it and they even have a table top model that they advertise for camping. Read a lot of good reviews but none from campers. Just curious if anyone has experience with one, good or bad. Thanks for any replies.

I own a couple Blackstone Griddles.
I have a 36" model on my patio. It's fantastic.
I also have a 17" Blackstone Griddle that I use camping.
Ease of cleaning is a big thing.
There have been a couple of times I have cooked on the stove in our camper, the rest of the time I cook, grill, BBQ, under a cooking fly outside our camper. My only Blackstone complaint is that I have not converted my 17" to run off of a tank. My fault.
I'm no fan of canisters.

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/19 10:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I dont own any type of griddle but my thinking is why not just purchase one of the stand alone griddle plates and use your camping stove with it. Seems as if it would cut down on the need for a multitude of differant types of cookware and the Coleman camp stove can be converted to run off of your trailer propane.

Just my opinion, take it for what it is worth.

cliffy49
2016 F150 Ecoboost & max tow
2018 Catalina TH26 Toy hauler

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/19 11:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cliffy49 wrote:

I dont own any type of griddle but my thinking is why not just purchase one of the stand alone griddle plates and use your camping stove with it. Seems as if it would cut down on the need for a multitude of differant types of cookware and the Coleman camp stove can be converted to run off of your trailer propane.

In theory what your thinking is a viable solution.
Where the Blackstone shines is it's ability to hold the heat and it ease of cleaning.
If we ignore the cleaning factor The Blackstone cooks very well be cause it is a dedicated device designed to solely be a griddle.
I agree the Blackstone is not as versatile it is designed to do one thing! It performs as a griddle very well.
Much better than any multi purpose grill.
Yes it becomes one more thing to bring along ...LOL..

2019 Duramax w/hips,2012 Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
H-head TPMS,BD3,RV safepower,17" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

cliffy49

Blue Grass

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/28/19 03:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

cliffy49 wrote:

Where the Blackstone shines is it's ability to hold the heat and it ease of cleaning.
If we ignore the cleaning factor The Blackstone cooks very well be cause it is a dedicated device designed to solely be a griddle.
I agree the Blackstone is not as versatile it is designed to do one thing! It performs as a griddle very well.

I would think that the Lodge stand alone griddle or one similiar would hold the heat just as well. Also, using the stove one has the ability to adjust the heat from the burners as needed.

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/28/19 05:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cliffy49 wrote:

Lantley wrote:

cliffy49 wrote:

I would think that the Lodge stand alone griddle or one similiar would hold the heat just as well. Also, using the stove one has the ability to adjust the heat from the burners as needed.

Blackstone phenomenon is for real.
They have built a great niche item. Their popularity and category dominance speak for itself. They did not introduce or create the Griddle they just revolutionized it.
They have evolved the griddle and the form factor that many have ditched their grills totally and replaced them with a Blackstone. Or they ave added a Blackstone to heir arsenal.
Lodge products have been around for decades but they have not created the griddle craze and demand that the Blackstone griddles have created
This thread and Blackstone sales speak for themselves.
Like many others I went out and got a Blackstone.
We did not get a Lodge griddle because they simply do not deliver the same result.
Universal products seldom match the performance singular purpose items

DannyA

West Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 08:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very interested in this discussion because wanting to get a gas griddle. My question centers between the Blackstone and Camp Chef tailgate combo, anyone have recommendations? Also looked at the 22 inch griddle. Not sure how often you need the grill and griddle at the same time on the combo. Would the 22 inch be better and get grill and griddle to switch back and forth?

2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

Lantley

Ellicott City, Maryland

View Profile

Posted: 11/29/19 09:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

THe camp Chef looks like a decent item. More versatile then the Blackstone.
However the blackstone Griddle is cast iron which makes allows for more heat retention and creates a better cooking surface.

04fxsts

Westville, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/29/19 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lantley wrote:

THe camp Chef looks like a decent item. More versatile then the Blackstone.
However the blackstone Griddle is cast iron which makes allows for more heat retention and creates a better cooking surface.

Sorry but the Blackstone is steel, I have the 28" and the 17" griddles. At 3/16" thick the steel holds the heat well also. Jim.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Blackstone Griddle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.