|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram overtakes GM

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
FishOnOne

The Great State of Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/04/19 07:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Could be because Chevy designers stay up nights trying the figure out new ways to make their truck UUUgly / FUGLY. No self respecting truck buyer would drive one of those things without a mask on.
Typical from a Ford owner.

I have never understood why some OBOs rag on subjective attributes such as looks....
Just because one doesn't care for a particular look, doesn't mean everyone else agrees...
I bet GM will sell a LOT of these.

Besides, we all know that the most important look for you is the Ford emblem.

There are MANY more substantial things to debate about.
Looks for me isn't anywhere near the top of the list.

Huntindog has short term memory as he stated he felt sorry for the Ford guys when a '17 Super Duty picture leaked a few years ago.

Having said that I now have to say his statement backfired. [emoticon]

'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs
"Built Ford Proud"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree GM will sell tons of them. Likewise, I think the GMC version and diff trim levels of Chevy LOOK far better than the bold Chevrolet. Owning Fords past 16+ years, yes I like them, but also like the looks of the new Rams and GMC's. Nuff to make me switch.....no, but still like the looks of them.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 09:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's kind of surprising that anyone of the big three HDs out sells the others. In the full size diesel category all three are amazing.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 09:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Could be because Chevy designers stay up nights trying the figure out new ways to make their truck UUUgly / FUGLY. No self respecting truck buyer would drive one of those things without a mask on.

I have never understood why some OBOs rag on subjective attributes such as looks....
Just because one doesn't care for a particular look, doesn't mean everyone else agrees...

Huntindog has short term memory as he stated he felt sorry for the Ford guys when a '17 Super Duty picture leaked a few years ago.

Lol! I remember when he said that. I guess some people can dish it, but they can't take it.

Huntindog

Phoenix AZ

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 02:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ShinerBock wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Huntindog wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Lol! I remember when he said that. I guess some people can dish it, but they can't take it.

I honestly don't remember that post. I just spent the last 20-30 minutes searching for it without success. Used sorry as a key word for one search, and ford in another.

If I did it, I may have been drunk... Or joking, as I always feel sorry for the Ford guys.
[emoticon]

Huntindog
100% boondocking
2010 Palomino Sabre 30 BHDS
84 gal. Grey. 84 gal. Black
2 bathrooms, no waiting
2011 Silverado CC DA big dually.

Charlie D.

E. Texas-Orange

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/19 04:24pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Forum issues prevent me from seeing the first page but I found this.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2019/10/gm-t........k-sales-outpace-ford-and-ram-in-q3-2019/

Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Terryallan

Foothills NC

View Profile

Posted: 10/05/19 07:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Huntindog wrote:

Terryallan wrote:

Nope. I like the GMC looks

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Ron3rd

Upland, CA USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 11:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I must be in the minority because the looks of the truck are way down at the bottom of the list for me. I'm fine with the looks of all of them. I shop with my wallet.

I suspect a lot of Ram's success has to do with price. My 2016 CTD was 10 grand less than a comparable GM or Ford, both of which are fine trucks. I was therefore able to drive a CTD for not much more than a GM or Ford gasser. Maybe the fact they're made in Mexico has something to do with the price advantage.

2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 11:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

I must be in the minority because the looks of the truck are way down at the bottom of the list for me. I'm fine with the looks of all of them. I shop with my wallet.

I suspect a lot of Ram's success has to do with price. My 2016 CTD was 10 grand less than a comparable GM or Ford, both of which are fine trucks. I was therefore able to drive a CTD for not much more than a GM or Ford gasser. Maybe the fact they're made in Mexico has something to do with the price advantage.

I paid three k more for my Ford Platinum compared to what I could have bought a fully loaded Ram Laramie Limited for. The Ford had a few extra gizmos that helped me justify the extra cost.... things like the double panel moon roof and massage seats. I suspect had I tried hard enough I could have found a GM dealer to be competitive with a Denali as well but the last time I priced a GMC Denali against a Ford Platinum the sales gal told me she couldn't sell me a used Denali for what I was telling her I could get a Platinum for.

Cummins12V98

on the road

View Profile

Posted: 10/06/19 01:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron3rd wrote:

Could be but the majority of the parts are US Made.

Let's not forget where the Ford diesel is made.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Ram overtakes GM
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS