|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glacier Nat'l Park in 5th wheel, June 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
calberry

Lake Wildwood, Ca. (near Grass Valley)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/19 09:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ericosmith wrote:

Keep in mind that it's a lot further to get around to St. Mary's. Don't recall for sure but I'm guessing another 90 minutes or more. Decide on how far you want to travel and what you want to see in the park and let that drive your decision.

If I want to stay in both CG's I would have to take that route anyway since as I understand it I can't pull my trailer over GTTSR...nor would I want to ;-)

Steve

2010 F350 XLT 4X4 6.8L V10
2012 Rockwood 8265WS 5er

Go Bears!

calberry

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/05/19 09:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

agesilaus wrote:

If you want to get to the west side from Banff just take the road to Radium Hot Springs then south to a border crossing there which puts you down on the west side of the park. You also get to see the Yolo and Kotenai parks on that side. That's what we did coming back.

That looks like a good route. We can go that way to Fish Creek for a day or two, and then go the lower route to St Mary's for another day or two before heading to Yellowstone. And we can at least try to go over GTTSR from one side or the other w/out the trailer.

Thanks.

Steve

ericosmith

Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Some other food for thought. I preferred the Two Medicine area to Many Glacier. Just seemed less crowded with some nice trails. It's a long day but you could visit Many Glacier when you did GTS road and then camp in Two Medicine to cut down on the driving. The St. Mary's area just seemed to be more of a road junction than a scenic area. I'm not sure about the reservation situation though.

calberry

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/06/19 08:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ericosmith wrote:

Some other food for thought. I preferred the Two Medicine area to Many Glacier. Just seemed less crowded with some nice trails. It's a long day but you could visit Many Glacier when you did GTS road and then camp in Two Medicine to cut down on the driving. The St. Mary's area just seemed to be more of a road junction than a scenic area. I'm not sure about the reservation situation though.

Fish Creek and St. Mary's are the only two CG's that take advance reservations. And to that point, I ASSUMED I could only make reservations there 6 months in advance, but as it turns out I have already missed the reservation window...so I had to book at the KOA in St. Marys instead. THAT's a bunch of extra bucks we had not planned on!!!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Glacier Nat'l Park in 5th wheel, June 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS