|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Walmart Overcharge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Mac1

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/07/19 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought a computer chair and a cheap computer desk via the web from Walmart. Both items promptly delivered free to my door, I was happy. The next day another package appeared at my front door, from Walmart. It plainly said on the box "cheap computer desk": I didn't need two desks and I'm basically honest, and I didn't want to drive to the local store and return it, so I called customer service. Explained the problem and said I didn't want to drive to the store, he replied, no problem, set it by the front door and Fedex will pick it up tomorrow. The nice agent said I was the first person he had run into with this problem and thanked me for being a good customer. The next day the extra desk disapeared. One week later, got a letter from Walmart with a check in it equal to the price of the returned desk.At this point, I just gave up and decided Walmart wanted me to have a free desk. I love Walmart.com

Campinghoss@51

Windsor NC

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 04:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

sayoung wrote:

I am getting to the point I demand my change being counted back to me. I hate it when cashier just hands you back a wad of change and a receipt .
Along those lines, watch your receipt when pay with a debit card . Store here had a cashier putting "cash back" on cards .

The above post reminded me when I went to a local big box hardware store looking for specific item. I didn't find it and when leaving I picked up a drink. Upon checking out I gave her a 20. As soon as her drawer open BUT before the display showed the amount of change there was a power failure. She looked at me and told me I would have to wait until the power came back on for my change. I smiled and had to help her count out the change for a 1.88 drink. She could not do it.

Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucky & Lucie

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 06:01am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My wife was a bank teller for oover 10 years before a consolidation ended here employment. We/she has come accross MANY people who can not count change back and she immediatly gives them a lesson. She will not tollerate that ignorance. It is amazing how our schools are failing our children today.

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ken56 wrote:

My wife was a bank teller for oover 10 years before a consolidation ended here employment. We/she has come accross MANY people who can not count change back and she immediatly gives them a lesson. She will not tollerate that ignorance. It is amazing how our schools are failing our children today.

I fail to stand under this kind of statement. To me it implies the school system is some kind of independent organization. NOT! The schools are part (a major part) of our society. Like in so many other things, WE are failing our children today.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My favorite story was from mcdonalds

My meal was 2.99 (yes, it's an old story)
ex wifes meal 1.99

Now, I may be a bit slow and didn't learn common core math, but 3.00 + 2.00 + 6% (maybe 4% at the time) doesn't equal 7.49. Asked her to do it again, and it was like 6.20. Seriously? Went to a different cashier, this time is was like 5.80. Manager comes over and asks what the problem was, and he personally rang it up. 4.58. i gave up

Dave E

Mid Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

philh wrote:

My favorite story was from mcdonalds

My meal was 2.99 (yes, it's an old story)
ex wifes meal 1.99

Now, I may be a bit slow and didn't learn common core math, but 3.00 + 2.00 + 6% (maybe 4% at the time) doesn't equal 7.49. Asked her to do it again, and it was like 6.20. Seriously? Went to a different cashier, this time is was like 5.80. Manager comes over and asks what the problem was, and he personally rang it up. 4.58. i gave up

The manager
probably gave you a senior's discount [emoticon]

If at first you don't succeed--don't try sky diving!!
I'd rather be camping

Old-Biscuit

Verde Valley

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 12:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Whenever a casher just hands me my change I count it and then tell them " WOW---score!. Thanks for the extra $5"
Then stuff the money in my pocket and leave.

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
On the Road Debt Free April '07
Off the road still Debt Free Jan. '14

AKsilvereagle

North Pole, Alaska

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 05:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No overcharge incident with me here, however I had a couple of much weird cashier encounters a couple years back....

Noticed a new male cashier at the local Safeway supermarket as I purchased three items totaling $9- something as I hand the cashier a $20 bill....

Right away I noticed I was shortchanged when I received back the round off pocket coin change and a $5 bill - leaving me hangin' with an exact 5 dollar shortchange - as I immediately bring it to the cashier's attention and stated 'you only gave me a five dollar bill here' WHILE fully extending my arm holding the receipt, the $5 bill and the pocket change towards the cashier....

Now Get This :

The cashier reaches for my receipt...

Takes it out of my hand and reads it very carefully...

Removes the $5 bill out of my hand...

Get Ready -

Hands me back my receipt along with a Twenty (Yes - $20) Dollar Bill !

I didn't know what to say and looked at him straight in the eyes like . . this is a joke right ?

There was a three second pause and he states 'sir, here's your money' (all straight faced and everything) so I took the $20 bill and receipt out of his hand and walked out the store with my purchased goods.

Ended up going to the store getting almost $10 of free goods while receiving seventy something cents in coin !

Needless to say that was the one and only time I seen that employee ever work there.

Another similar encounter is when I went to the Wendy's drive thru with a group of us and kids in which the tab totaled $31.40....

So - I hand the drive thru cashier (a teenager boy) a fifty dollar bill, a one dollar bill, plus a quarter, a dime, and a nickel totaling $51.40 in cash....

Well, the cashier tried to hand me back the $1.40 while stating I given him TOO MUCH MONEY - as I told him I meant to give you the full $51.40 so you can give me back a $20 bill to make it easier for both of us....

The cashier insisted that he only NEEDS THE $50 BILL for payment so he can give back "the right change" to me....

I requested that I speak to the manager over this encounter as the cashier got real annoyed and sigh-ed and slammed the window shut, as two minutes later the manager re-opens the drive thru access window with the meanest disgusted look on her face while she hands me a $20 bill and all the food we ordered -

My only reply was .... REALLY ????????? Is that the best cashier you have right now ?

She replies "I hope I can get thru today".

Like the OP and others responded have pointed out - sometimes you have to be vigilant when it comes to money transactions while certain people running a till have no business handling money either hurting a business or a customer client or buyer.

Wonder how some of them incompetents even own a credit card or make it on their own in the world.

1975 Ford F250 2WD Ranger XLT (Owned June 2013)
460 V8- C6 Trans- 3.73:1 (168K Total Mi)
2000 Fleetwood Angler 8ft Cabover
Air Lift 1000 (Front)
Hellwig 3500 lb Helper Springs (rear)
Hellwig Front and Rear Sway Bars
Goodyear G971 LT Series (siped)

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Around the Campfire  >  General Topics

> Walmart Overcharge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Around the Campfire

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS