|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Shaw Direct/Winegard

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
MDKMDK

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/08/19 07:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It was my understanding that the newer G1 satellite, which is supposed to carry most of the HD stuff now, casts a more northerly coverage shadow, than the old Anik F1/F2 birds. ShawD customers have been reporting that they can still receive programming south of the 49th, but that it's inconsistent.
Anecdotally, I was shopping for a portable dish receiver system a few years back and was told by Winegard, that the Trav'ler full sized roof mounted dish would probably be the best bet to pick up anything in the US, going forward. They said the domed portable systems "paddle" dishes were probably too small to be effective in picking up signal.
Maybe some ShawD customers in the deep south will add an update of where they are (approximately?) and what dish/systems they're using?

Mike.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

campinghut

Carstairs Alberta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/08/19 07:20am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As to the upgrade the winegard part number is sk-73up

Tim And Bev
2018 Mobile Suites 38RSSA, 560w solar, 2800w inverter (3 previous Artic fox trailers, 1 Cedar Creek, 1 Heartland Cyclone. In the last 8 Years)
2019 F350 (Previous trucks 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 all Ford F350's)

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 05:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

MDKMDK wrote:

It was my understanding that the newer G1 satellite, which is supposed to carry most of the HD stuff now, casts a more northerly coverage shadow, than the old Anik F1/F2 birds. ShawD customers have been reporting that they can still receive programming south of the 49th, but that it's inconsistent.
Anecdotally, I was shopping for a portable dish receiver system a few years back and was told by Winegard, that the Trav'ler full sized roof mounted dish would probably be the best bet to pick up anything in the US, going forward. They said the domed portable systems "paddle" dishes were probably too small to be effective in picking up signal.
Maybe some ShawD customers in the deep south will add an update of where they are (approximately?) and what dish/systems they're using?

Winegard was being generous with their description of service with ShawD and a dome. First, you would have to buy a dome for ShawD as the standard domes will not work. 2nd, the domes will not receive any programming outside of Canada or the extreme N. parts of the US.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Shaw Direct/Winegard
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS