|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Shaw Direct/Winegard

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
jheppner

Scotch Creek, B.C. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/01/19 10:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We definitely have the latest LNB, plus the new software provided by Winegard, which was installed in October. As I said, the automatic dish worked fine as we were travelling south until we arrived in the Laughlin area. Now we are still moving south and we're having to stop the dish when it finds "111". No more "automatic"! When we do this, our signals are always over "90 green" but because we're only working off "111", there are a number of channels missing, none of which affect our viewing habits, thank goodness. As soon as I get good cell phone reception, I will call Winegard to try and get some more up to date information.

roy67ss

Drumheller, Alberta

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 10:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The update is hardware that includes a new controller and internals in the turret. Any software would come programmed into the controller. Please let us know what Wingard says. I have heard of some dealers having issues with the new update as well.

Roy

2011 GMC 3500, Duramax, Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG with most options

jheppner

Scotch Creek, B.C. Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/07/19 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm not particularly happy with Winegard's explanation regarding their satellite dish locating the Shaw Direct satellites but here's what I was told. Go into your Shaw Direct "Options" menu on the TV screen and bring up the page showing the satellite signals. Deploy the satellite dish and wait for the satellite signals to read green and in the 90s. At this point, your Winegard controller should read "Satellite ID: 111". Immediately push the "Select" and "Power" buttons simultaneously on the controller which will lock in the satellite signal. We have used this method for weeks now and it works fine. Winegard says "With the changes Shaw made, services in the states will be hit or miss. If you can get it to work in manual, then that is your best option."

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/07/19 04:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds like a bad solution. Winegard does not appear to have been able to find a solution and is simply telling their users what to do as a work-around.

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Shaw Direct/Winegard
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS