|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> RV Cover

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
brianosaur

Long Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/19 06:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

humblerb wrote:

drsteve wrote:

ScottG wrote:

Steve, that's why I told my Realestate agent NO HOA's.

S

Because HOAs are invariably run by busybodies and power trippers. I find it to be a ridiculous concept. Agree to let your neighbors tell you what to do? No thanks.

Sorry to derail the thread (or continue the derailing), but HOAs are not run by busybodies and power trippers. They are run by residents who have a copy of the agreement that is supplied to and signed by every homeowner who lives in the neighborhood.
HOAs are designed to keep neighborhoods from becoming eyesores and protect home values.
We have next door neighbors who have complained that they moved to our neighborhood (and out of the city) so the could do whatever they want. Whatever they want includes parking half a dozen cars in their yard, having a dirt path beside their driveway to get in and out because they have 8-10 cars at their house often, storing their wine cooler on their front porch, mowing every 4-6 weeks, whether the yard needs it or not in Houston, etc.
They signed an agreement to abide by the rules in the covenant when they purchased their house. Now they are upset because they didn't actually read them and aren't allowed to live like trash.
You don't want to live by HOA rules? Just don't buy in a neighborhood that has one and sign the agreement, then complain about the rules you agreed to.
And No, I am not on the HOA board nor do I have any intentions of joining. But I do intend to abide by the rules I agreed to when I bought my house and I expect my neighbors to do likewise.

Totally agree.
The people who complain about HOA's are usually the selfish ones who have zero respect for their neighbors or even their own yards.

Keep the ghetto in the ghetto, and the Billy's on their Hills.

I like my neighborhood clean and classy.

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/17/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well since this thread derailed, HOA's are a joke. I live in a non HOA neighborhood. All the houses are well kept, no junk parked everywhere, grass manicured and I can keep my MH in my driveway as long as I like. My property my rules! I specifically bought non HOA. To me an HOA reduces the property values!

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> RV Cover
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.