RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Do Flea Collars Really Repel Pests?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do Flea Collars Really Repel Pests?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 10:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Baits, they take the bait with them and tend to die in places which you will never be able to get to them..

Right before we moved last year we had one crawl up and die in the back of our house refrigerator. We had to replace it because it stunk so bad.

If you can avoid items like D-Con please do so. What is also happening is birds of prey are dying because they eat the mouse that has ingested the poison. I regret using D-Con at my old house. If you can stomach it, trap them then dispatch them by whatever means you can handle.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

samsontdog

Oregon, Wash Coast summer, Yuma Az winter

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 10:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Admin wrote:

samsontdog wrote:

I had mice in my TT this past June. I found out they were coming in by crawling along my elect cord as I was plugged into my elect box. I used poison bait and was lucky they died inside the TT

[emoticon]

Admin

I meant to say outside the TT

samsontdog">">

georgelesley

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/19 04:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I read the same thing about flea collars repelling wasps. As far as I knew we did not have any in the rear refer compartment. I decided to put one there as a preventative measure. Before I could get the compartment door back in place a very angry wasp came out. I have changed them twice a year and have not had any since.

George & Lesley
2014 Itasca Sunova 33C, 2019 Jeep Cherokee Lattitude Plus toad, Demco/SMI towing system

rk911

Wheaton IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/19 11:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

georgelesley wrote:

I read the same thing about flea collars repelling wasps. As far as I knew we did not have any in the rear refer compartment. I decided to put one there as a preventative measure. Before I could get the compartment door back in place a very angry wasp came out. I have changed them twice a year and have not had any since.

good to know. thanks.

'73,
rich, n9dko
If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares then why does he keep doing it?
'03 Jeep Wrangler TJ
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I bought one - cut it up and put the pieces behind the water heater and fridge - no spiders or other bugs. Won't put one on my dog though.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

ajriding

st clair

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 09:49am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glue traps work great for small criters.

Beware. Flee collars are a product that the evil chineez copy, fake and resell to unsuspecting Americans. They do not work. These flea collars look very identical and the packaging is very identical to the real ones. Beware of ebay or amazon deals as these are usually the fakes. If you can message the seller you can usually detect if they are real Americans or write in the sloppy poor grammar as you would expect from that part of the world. Run away.

The Bayer collar is effective with fleas, but the cats seem to stick around still, so not sure other animals would be driven away, just fleas.

TommieGibson

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 05:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

May it works. But if you have pest and bugs around you, take the steps to remove them. The pests like rodents and some small pests walking here and there in the house in search of food. And if they find it, then they come daily there to eat the food. They destroy the food items which is not good for us. So try to remove pests as early as possible or call ***Link Removed*** which has experienced controlled pests and bugs. My friend told me about this company.

* This post was edited 10/12/19 05:46am by TommieGibson *

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/12/19 08:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

As Crowe said - be very careful using rodenticides. The new "second generation" rat and mouse baits not only kill the rodent (which takes about a week for them to bledd-out internally) - but anything that might eat the tainted mouse while alive or dead. Cats, foxes, crows, etc etc. Plus, the bait itself smells like fresh bread and is bright colors - would be very attractive to small children (or dogs). I had used it (out of reach, or so I thought) at our car lot, until a mouse left a piece in the middle of the floor and my dog nibbled it a bit. Thank God I saw that, and after 8 weeks of intensive Vet visits and Vit K therapy, he survived.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Do Flea Collars Really Repel Pests?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS