|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Backup camera

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
smithrjd

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 03:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am sure this has been discussed before, and I did look around in the search section. Does anyone have a wireless system on a 35' 5th wheel that works well? Looking at Furrion, Emmako, and others. The Furrion is a bit different and much more expensive. All of the others seem to be pretty similar. Seems distance and what is between the camera and monitor is the issue. I am guessing I would be around 40'. 2011 Jayco Eagle, so nothing pre installed.

4x4ord

Alberta

View Profile

Posted: 10/09/19 05:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You want the Haloview MC7108. It has about 1000 feet of range. I have a couple of these cameras and so far I'm very happy with them..... make sure you get the MC7108 though.

2017 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

smithrjd

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/09/19 05:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Halo looks good, about the same as the Emmako. All of them state a distance standing still in the clear, what I am concerned about is the distance when traveling at towing speedes.

Splashers3

Oakville, MD

View Profile

Posted: 10/10/19 02:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 38' Signature 5th wheel came with the Furrion Observation camera. I have the antenna signal booster in my front basement and have had no dropouts or frame freezes......which I did have before buying this.

I'm very happy with my system.

Good Luck.

2017 GMC 3500 Sierra Denali, C/C, D/A, DRW, w/40gal Aux tank, 18K B&W Patriot.
2019 Cedar Creek Hathaway, 34RL2 - w/Bells & Whistles and disc brakes
Traded 2009 Cedar Creek Silverback, GII, 32 WRL

rav

Full Timing

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/10/19 04:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have the Furion on our camper, so far it is working fine. 41' fifth wheel

2016 Bighorn 3760EL
2015 F350
me, DW and Mattie dog

sgfrye

north carolina

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 06:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

i have the furrion wireless system on our current 38ft TT. i originally had it on our previous 33ft TT. i have been pleased with it. rarely drops signal as is with no booster.

RoyBell

Chicago

View Profile

Posted: 10/11/19 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those with the Furrion Observation camera, do you have the side cameras? My trailer came prepped for them and they look pretty cool.

Watching video reviews online it appears the 4 camera view only stays visible for about 10 seconds, making it pretty useless as a guide while driving though.

The 4th camera would be useful in the garage watching the cargo or bed of the truck to help hitch up.

Me Again

Sunbird(Wa)/snowbird(Az)

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 08:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

smithrjd wrote:

I am sure this has been discussed before, and I did look around in the search section. Does anyone have a wireless system on a 35' 5th wheel that works well? Looking at Furrion, Emmako, and others. The Furrion is a bit different and much more expensive. All of the others seem to be pretty similar. Seems distance and what is between the camera and monitor is the issue. I am guessing I would be around 40'. 2011 Jayco Eagle, so nothing pre installed.

The tick for good range is a good 12V supply to the camera. Our 2017 Bighorn that is 39'4" long came with the Furrion mount pre-installed and hard wired to 12V from a sconce light on the back wall next to the window. I installed a second switch on the light so I could turn the camera off when not in use.

Never had range issues. I could drive 600' plus from the trailer and still have reception at the display in the CC truck. We parked the Bighorn at our NW park and moved the camera to a TT we bought that had the mount and camera wired to the clearance lights. With LED lighting on the TT the camera works fine.

2015 RAM 3500 CC SB SRW Our Rig New 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Commuter trailer 2019 Laredo 225MK. Retired and enjoying it!

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/11/19 09:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FWIW, my cousins, who are rebuilding a bus into an RV, bought a Lorax video system from Costco. They plan on having a total of 7 cameras in, and around, the coach. :-) See www.beginningfromthismorning.com for the full build.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> Backup camera
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS