RV.Net Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Campsite Sanitation - Beware

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Campsite Sanitation - Beware

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

Senior Member

Joined: 06/10/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 06:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JIMNLIN wrote:



I and fellow campers had a altercation with a blue tote dumper. We were leaving and just pulling up to the dump station. Good lord turdz/paper/female napkins/etc was running down the middle of the site and road. I asked the guy if he was going to clean his mess up....course he says to mind my own business.


I, for 1, thank you for minding your, and our business.

Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 06:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

drsteve wrote:

Love these threads, there's always someone who thinks sanitation is no big deal because they haven't died yet.

Not me man. I'd never eat a sammich in the porta potty!


I was in my Construction trailer on a job site, my office at the front end had a window and below it was the SaniCan. The truck pulled up and the guy got out to start his process, after a bit I looked out to find him with a big smile on his face. Nothing new he truly seemed to be a happy person. Then I looked down, he had the poop sucker in one hand and then he placed a BIG ham sandwich in his mouth with the outer hand and took a BIG bite!!!

Suckin, chompin and smilin. He was in Heaven.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

am1958

SE Michigan

Senior Member

Joined: 04/10/2014

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I was 14 or so doing dissections in Biology if the class was late in the morning my lunch would be in the cubby hole under the desk and I'd eat my sandwich while dissecting worms, locusts, frogs and rats.

There are some extremely weak people nowadays...

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/17/19 11:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

drsteve wrote:

Love these threads, there's always someone who thinks sanitation is no big deal because they haven't died yet.

Not me man. I'd never eat a sammich in the porta potty!


I was in my Construction trailer on a job site, my office at the front end had a window and below it was the SaniCan. The truck pulled up and the guy got out to start his process, after a bit I looked out to find him with a big smile on his face. Nothing new he truly seemed to be a happy person. Then I looked down, he had the poop sucker in one hand and then he placed a BIG ham sandwich in his mouth with the outer hand and took a BIG bite!!!

Suckin, chompin and smilin. He was in Heaven.


Yeah buddy!
It's only gross if he licks his fingers!


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

RandACampin

Kathleen, Georgia

Senior Member

Joined: 04/06/2006

View Profile



Posted: 10/18/19 04:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

lakeside013104 wrote:

RandACampin wrote:

I really dont see the problem. If you hadn't seen it you would never know either.


Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The problem could be: exposure to raw sewage could result in unwanted sickness or disease for the exposed individual.

Just Google: Human exposure to untreated sewage.

Or if you are a pet person and your Fido walks through the raw sewage and then walks through your RV and hops into bed beside you.....well ......you might as well share a toilet seat with a stranger before the paperwork is completed.

Think about it.

Sanitation, like others have mentioned, is a good practice to add to one's routine.

Lakeside


Theres sanitation...then germaphobia. There is no way that anything was contaminated by a guy rinsing his hose. People (probably you) are way too quick to jump on someone who doesn't do things exactly the same as them.

Doesn't mean a problem.

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

Senior Member

Joined: 09/17/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/18/19 06:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

While On the subject of poo,there are people in S.Korea who believe it has medicinal benefits..

Funny what kind of crazy sh*t one finds on the net

https://youtu.be/74V4BOF5IAg


Also known as fecal transplantation and it is performed in the U.S. and many other developed countries to help regenerate the good bacteria in the intestinal tract.

John Hopkins - Fecal Transplantation.


2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

lakeside013104

North America

Senior Member

Joined: 07/26/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/18/19 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RandACampin wrote:

lakeside013104 wrote:

RandACampin wrote:

I really dont see the problem. If you hadn't seen it you would never know either.


Doesn't mean it didn't happen.

The problem could be: exposure to raw sewage could result in unwanted sickness or disease for the exposed individual.

Just Google: Human exposure to untreated sewage.

Or if you are a pet person and your Fido walks through the raw sewage and then walks through your RV and hops into bed beside you.....well ......you might as well share a toilet seat with a stranger before the paperwork is completed.

Think about it.

Sanitation, like others have mentioned, is a good practice to add to one's routine.

Lakeside


Theres sanitation...then germaphobia. There is no way that anything was contaminated by a guy rinsing his hose.

REALLY?

People (probably you) are way too quick to jump on someone who doesn't do things exactly the same as them.

Doesn't mean a problem.


I try to make it a habit of not 'jumping' on anyone I am not personally acquainted with.

Lakeside

mdcamping

CT

Senior Member

Joined: 03/04/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/19/19 06:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

Turn on spigot for few seconds, connect hose run for a few seconds, connect to RV.


yup


At a state campground in MA about 5 yrs back I was starting to finish up at a 2 way island dump station, guy pulls up on the opposite side in a New Class C, I glanced over noticed he was kind of nervous, well he opens his black tank valve and lets it rip! NO SEWER HOSE! I just got out of dodge fast! while leaving I did notice he was trying to wash it down with the non potable water spigot.

Mike


07 Toyota Tacoma,Double Cab, Max Towing 6,500lbs GCWR 11,100lbs
2011 Jayco X20E, Pro Series 800lb Weight Distributing Hitch
Husky Sway Bar, Prodigy Electronic Brake Control
McKesh Mirrors. "Towing with 200K"

Where we have camped


WTP-GC

FL

Senior Member

Joined: 12/22/2015

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/19/19 06:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We tested an in-use public supply well recently that kept showing a presence of fecal coliform. Several tests and it never cleared up. We discussed it with the municipal owner and they said this used to be a problem, but then they started having their samples tested at a different lab which gave them passing results.

Don’t like what the doctor told you? Go to a different doctor.

The community in question doesn’t have mass illnesses. You’re not going to get sick because the campsite user before you rinsed his sewer hose with the fresh water spigot. You won’t die because a raccoon sat on your campsite grill and defecated while eating that food item he dug out of your trash. And truth be told, there are common bedroom activities between adults that create far more direct exposure to questionable things than any campsite sanitation matter does...yet such people don’t get sick...


Duramax + Grand Design 5er + B & W Companion
SBGTF

Chum lee

Albuquerque, NM

Senior Member

Joined: 08/03/2015

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/19/19 10:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WTP-GC wrote:



Don’t like what the doctor told you? Go to a different doctor.

The community in question doesn’t have mass illnesses. You’re not going to get sick because the campsite user before you rinsed his sewer hose with the fresh water spigot. You won’t die because a raccoon sat on your campsite grill and defecated while eating that food item he dug out of your trash. And truth be told, there are common bedroom activities between adults that create far more direct exposure to questionable things than any campsite sanitation matter does...yet such people don’t get sick...


I was thinking of the exact thing (in bold) myself and I'm glad someone else mentioned it first. In the first few seconds of life outside the womb, EVERYBODY gets a chance to be exposed to . . . . . well, . . . . . down there. The few of us that are born by Cesarean Section have been proven to have immune deficiencies that show up later in life that normal birth infants don't have. Go figure!

Chum lee

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Campsite Sanitation - Beware
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:




© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.