RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs: Electric cooler vs rv fridge

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Electric cooler vs rv fridge

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 10:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

2oldman wrote:

Everyone? I don't know what an electric cooler is.

Expensive! The ones that I am thinking of can be used as a frig or freezer and cost about $1,500. 2 of my buddies use them in addition to the kitchen frig. They fit in the belly storage and mount to a sliding track.

Click here. You can get them at WallMart. Pick the size you want.

We had one, like posted in the Second row, first picture and coast about $100 at the time. We used it for over 15 years. Plugged into the cigarrette lighter of the car/truck and worked great. If the plug was reversed, it became a warmer, and came with it's own power supply 120 v AC to 12 v DC.

It finally died. We got a second one. It lasted about 5 years and died. We now have a residential refrigerator in our 5er, don't need another one now.

For us, the first one was the only refrigerator / cooler we had in our pop-up. First TT, we used it for drinks and kept it outside the camper and when traveling on the back seat of the vehicle. We used it for all kinds of activities, church gatherings, family reunions, and always when traveling when we did not have the trailer. They worked great in motel rooms, at grandma's house, and even in the back yard around the fire pit!

Well worth $150 for the box type that is a chest on it's back and operates like an upright refrigerator on it's end. Both coolers we had always kept everything cold ... or hot ... depending!

Highly recommend getting one if you are looking for additional refrigerator space. As the ONLY refrigerator space, it was way too small.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/16/19 04:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“It seems everyone is making space for electric coolers...”

Not “everyone.” Not me.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/16/19 05:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

As the ONLY refrigerator space, it was way too small.
Go to know, thanks. My 9 yo Dometic gas/elec is still working just fine. It may outlive me.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

> Electric cooler vs rv fridge
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Camp Cooks and Connoisseurs

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS