RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Recommendations for quiet portable generator

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Recommendations for quiet portable generator

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ardvark

Bristol, TN.

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 01:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Man, this is starting to get far afield than the OP's simple request for recommendations. [emoticon]

Steve

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 01:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Observing Honda 2000 owners constantly refueling the generators when I enjoy cold one is fun similar to watching boat launchers.

Feel free to tell those poor souls that they can easily attach a remote fuel tank and adapter to run from the 2000s. The 50 lbs they save is about 6 gallons, right?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Travels with Yoly

North Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Kayteg1 wrote:

Travels with Yoly wrote:

Still can't lift 100 lbs [emoticon]

Another BS argument.

It wasn't intended to be an argument but a simple fact of life. My wife and I cannot lift that much weight safely. I do not have the means to construct any of the devices you so proudly boast of nor the inclination to do so. We are perfectly happy with the choices we have made.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 02:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travels with Yoly wrote:

Kayteg1 wrote:

Travels with Yoly wrote:

Still can't lift 100 lbs [emoticon]
Another BS argument.
It wasn't intended to be an argument but a simple fact of life. My wife and I cannot lift that much weight safely. I do not have the means to construct any of the devices you so proudly boast of nor the inclination to do so. We are perfectly happy with the choices we have made.
This is part of the reason I went with 700 watt Ryobi propane inverter generator. 25 pounds and very compact. Already have a propane supply. No gasoline storage or transportation issues. If I want air conditioning I am looking for utility power.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 02:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Travels with Yoly wrote:

If you can't lift 65 lb, than you are disabled person.
You shouldn't lift Honda 2000 neither.
Obviously everything in this life require some thinking about possible ways to do.
Just this morning I unloaded 250 lb marble slab from my van and carried it on my patio.
Some thinking how to leverage the weight without lifting more than 50% and using hand truck does the trick.
Anyway, topic went far beyond original question and when loading and fuel supply are secondary issue, Honda 3000 is the quietest generator for AC loads Period.
Even Predator is much quieter than Honda 2000 CHECK THE VIDEO

* This post was edited 10/22/19 03:18pm by Kayteg1 *

towpro

Compass PA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 03:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

removed post

Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz.

Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 03:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

Even Predator is much quieter than Honda 2000 CHECK THE VIDEO

I watched the video and as I said earlier,the Honda 2K is not that quiet with a good load...But,it's one of the very best generator choices for those of us with a truck camper..Mine is stored inside my TC behind the dinette set...

Ideally,2 Honda 2000's to run a large AC..there easy to move around and pretty quiet and second to none in generator life or longevity..Just ask any backcountry Alaskan...Some of those guys have 15-20,000 hours on the little Hondas..

While I love my EU3000is,it's not well suited for a truck camper unless your pulling a trailer...The front hitch use for it is not ideal for all trucks in the heat of summer....

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jaycocreek wrote:

The front hitch use for it is not ideal for all trucks in the heat of summer....

When you have a truck with overheating problem, avoiding front hitch is just band-aid slap.
I drove my 2017 F350 to bottom of Dead Valley this summer to record 124F.
Bottom of Death Valley is negative 280' while Soshone Ridge is about 2500', so you have quite a climb. I hold my 14,000lb set at 50-60 mph and the coolant temperature went to 192F.
The big radiator fan never engaged.

jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 05:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Quote:

When you have a truck with overheating problem, avoiding front hitch is just band-aid slap.
I drove my 2017 F350 to bottom of Dead Valley this summer to record 124F.
Bottom of Death Valley is negative 280' while Soshone Ridge is about 2500', so you have quite a climb. I hold my 14,000lb set at 50-60 mph and the coolant temperature went to 192F.
The big radiator fan never engaged.

But you have a Super Truck(grin)...

JFYI..I was talking in general.My truck does not overheat and I think the front mount hitches with a load in them, look goofy..That's just my opinion..

I don't need my EU3000 generator with my truck camper..My 2K Honda never leaves eco-throttle with the AC(5000BTU) or any of the other electrical items other than the microwave and I only use it mostly to charge all my batteries..

The EU3000is is a great generator but it is not compatible with a truck camper because of it's size and weight unless you have a trailer to haul it on,again..Just my opinion..The 2K inverter generator is way more compatible with a TC because of size and weight..You can easily put it wherever you want inside or out..2 of the little Honda's is also a good option for the larger AC's,there also easy to move around and store wherever..

When I take my Yamaha Rhino with me,the EU3000is is always on board..

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 07:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've got comments about goofy camper, but almost everybody admires generator mount.
Side effect, it greatly improves weight distribution.

[image]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 10  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Recommendations for quiet portable generator
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.