RV.Net Open Roads Forum: North North Carolina to Sevierville, TN routes?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> North North Carolina to Sevierville, TN routes?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 05:47am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The Apple Barn still has ample paarking for your rig. The sat. view of the Farm Kitchen still shows it being built but I have been there a few times. You would have to park at the hotel directly south of the restaurant or back further behind their main parking lot in an auxillary lot, its all part of the same 5 oaks complex but it would involve a football field walk to get to the restaurant.

We were in that area yesterday and traffic on a friday was very heavy. Weekends are quite busy so traffic is always backed up and slow but it does move. Defensive driving is always in order around here. If I may ask again, what are your plans for your overnight if you plan on leaving the area to continue on after your meal? It seems to me you will be taking a good amount of time to get here because those roads are slow going to get out of the area you are at and your arrival time could be mid to late afternoon when to get to Sevierville. If you are not in a hurry think about staying overnight in Sevierville. River Plantation Resort is a nice campground and it is close by both the Apple Barn and the Farm Kitchen.

* This post was edited 10/19/19 05:58am by ken56 *

padredw

East Texas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 06:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good advice and good question.

Our route TO Sevierville will likely be on slow roads so, on the day we drop the clock back to standard time, we will leave early and plan for an arrival around 11:30.

Our route FROM Sevierville will be on Interstate all the way and just over 50 miles so our plans are to stay at the Melton Hill Dam Campground just past Knoxville. Figure we'll get out of the crowd for the night!

Am considering an alternate route following US 411 to TN 168 to US 129
to pick up I-140 over to I-40 W. The other would be straight through Knoxville which we have done a few times.

ken56

Tennessee

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 02:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Your alternate route is a good idea. It's good road and will get you out of town quicker than going back up to exit 407. It's also possible to get on 321 in Maryville all the way to Lenoir City and puts you right at Melton Dam campground almost. Again good road. Granted, 168/129 back to 40 would be faster, but 321 is more scenic.

What ever you do padre have a wonderful time and enjoy the journey. Safe travels.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> North North Carolina to Sevierville, TN routes?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS