RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev
Sponsored By:
dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 05:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you do it right you do not need gloves.

No part of your hand touches any part that came in contact with the waste.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a feeling that some people aren't taking this thread seriously... [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 07:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

am1958 wrote:

I have a feeling that some people aren't taking this thread seriously... [emoticon] [emoticon] [emoticon]
That's OK. To each his/her own. [emoticon]

To clarify a bit, the gloves were not new, and she was holding the second glove in her teeth by the cuff while she was spraying down the sewer hoses, inside and out. That also means she was touching the hose with her bare hand after all. See the illogical logic in the using gloves? She probably would have functioned a bit easier without them and then just washed her hands when she was completely done.

But, there again... to each their own. I just don't see the logic in gloves if the gloves spread whatever contamination the user is attempt to prevent touching them.

CavemanCharlie

Storden,MN

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 09:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

am1958 wrote:

That's OK. To each his/her own. [emoticon]

To clarify a bit, the gloves were not new, and she was holding the second glove in her teeth by the cuff while she was spraying down the sewer hoses, inside and out. That also means she was touching the hose with her bare hand after all. See the illogical logic in the using gloves? She probably would have functioned a bit easier without them and then just washed her hands when she was completely done.

But, there again... to each their own. I just don't see the logic in gloves if the gloves spread whatever contamination the user is attempt to prevent touching them.

I don't use gloves. I know that may of you will cringe at that. I just try to not stick my hands into,,, any thing dirty while dumping.

And, after dumping. I still have hot water left in my water heater so I go into the bathroom and wash may hands with soap and hot water.

We would all be a lot healthier if more people would just wash there hands with soap and hot water.

jseyfert3

Wisconsin

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

DutchmenSport wrote:

OK. I am one of those people that never use gloves at the dump station, and really, I admit, I get my laughs at folks that do use gloves, especially what they do with those gloves and their sewer supplies AFTER they dump and storage. But this one took the cake, as the expression goes.

I wear gloves. Disposable nitrile gloves. Not because I'm a germaphobe. I have and will dump without gloves then just wash my hands. But by wearing gloves then I don't have to wash my hands afterwards. Peel them off, throw them away, and drive.

I'm a relatively new RVer, but I'm amused/annoyed at other people at the dump station. I don't understand rinsing out your dump hose. Sure, you used it to dump your blackwater tank, but then you rinsed it with what is actually a soapy water solution from your graywater tank. You're just going to stick it in your bumper and use it to dump your blackwater tank in a few days/weeks/months, so what's the point in rinsing with water? Guess some people don't shower in their RVs and may not have a lot of graywater, we shower so we typically have a graywater tank about 2/3rds or more filled, so the hose gets nice and rinsed from the graywater after dumping the blackwater tank.

One person we were waiting behind at the dump station annoyed us because they dumped, did a VERY thorough rinse of their blackwater tank using the rinse water spigot, then took the dump hoses off, sprayed them with disinfectant and and then rinsed them before putting them in their bumper. Then sprayed down the entire dump section of their camper (dump hose ends/valves) with disinfectant, then rinsed with freshwater. Of course wearing thick rubber gloves the entire time. They took over twice as long as most people normally take. Unfortunately in my annoyance for them being nuts about this whole dumping process I forgot to watch and see if they touched door or cabinet handles wearing the big rubber gloves that they would later touch without gloves.

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306

maddog348

Bakersfield,CA

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

LOL

slickest1

canada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Do they wear gloves to wipe their butt?

1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

down home

south

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/19 07:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

slickest1 wrote:

Do they wear gloves to wipe their butt?

Gloves:They use bidets Doesn't everybody?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 4  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Another "Yuk" thread, or OMG, or what are they thinking?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.