|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What happened to all the posts

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
gitane59

Ontario, Can

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 06:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sadly the shine seems to have gone off the RV'ing lifestyle that many of us who joined this social media site enjoyed leading to individuals selling their unit's. Aging populations of the earlier RV'ing generation that started the Good Sam club and RV.net when the internet came alone also sadly are in decline.
People's social media tastes have also changed and I myself am struggling with the changing social media scene. Facebook and Instagram for the RV lifestyle to me seems very disjointed and difficult to navigate.

I really am troubled by the decline on here and by my own anxiety and negativity I am feeling towards the RV lifestyle with everything going on in society in both Canada and the US that has changed the atmosphere in campgrounds and the overall perception of declining safety from many different societal changes.
I wish I was not feeling this way starting retirement but we must make the best of it.
In a couple weeks we are heading out for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for a couple weeks so we hope to have a wonderful time in the RV to rekindle our love of the lifestyle.

2014 Landmark Savannah, Mor-Ryde IS with Dexter disc brakes, 17.5 wheels with Sumitomo skins,
2010 Ford F350 Lariat CC LB DRW 6.4L Diesel, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 06:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

gitane59 wrote:

Sadly the shine seems to have gone off the RV'ing lifestyle that many of us who joined this social media site enjoyed leading to individuals selling their unit's. Aging populations of the earlier RV'ing generation that started the Good Sam club and RV.net when the internet came alone also sadly are in decline.
People's social media tastes have also changed and I myself am struggling with the changing social media scene. Facebook and Instagram for the RV lifestyle to me seems very disjointed and difficult to navigate.

I really am troubled by the decline on here and by my own anxiety and negativity I am feeling towards the RV lifestyle with everything going on in society in both Canada and the US that has changed the atmosphere in campgrounds and the overall perception of declining safety from many different societal changes.
I wish I was not feeling this way starting retirement but we must make the best of it.
In a couple weeks we are heading out for Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg for a couple weeks so we hope to have a wonderful time in the RV to rekindle our love of the lifestyle.
The number of people RVing is increasing yearly. These types of forums are going the way of the flip phone and the dodo bird. Times they are a-changin.

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/19/19 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

“so I'm doing my best (even if I am long winded!)“

Your posts are detailed, not long winded. Interesting even if I disagree. Too many seek complete agreement instead of reading alternate views.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

For example?

Lyle
these errors have all been reported in Forum tech support

TXiceman

Full Time RVer

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

mtofell1 wrote:

TXiceman wrote:

I think a lot of folks are migrating over to group or pages on FaceBook and Instagram.

Ken

I know I'm migrating to message boards that actually work. The number of error messages and general problems here is ridiculous.

For example?

Lyle

Look at 5th Wheels, all the various manufacturers group...

Ken

Amateur Radio Operator.
2013 HitchHiker 38RLRSB Champagne, toted with a 2012, F350, 6.7L PSD, Crewcab, dually. 3.73 axle, Full Time RVer.
Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

Super_Dave

Harrisville, UT

View Profile

Posted: 10/19/19 08:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

laknox wrote:

mtofell1 wrote:

TXiceman wrote:

I think a lot of folks are migrating over to group or pages on FaceBook and Instagram.

Ken

I know I'm migrating to message boards that actually work. The number of error messages and general problems here is ridiculous.

For example?

Lyle

The site crashed 5 times trying to answer your question

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 2003 Jetcraft 2125 - Yamaha 150 HP & 8 HP Kicker

MitchF150

Puyallup, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 12:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't have a 5th wheel, but just seeing the question of just this forum causing problems, I don't know...

I've posted to this site since around 2002 and have never had any issues?

I use Chrome for my web browser, so maybe if you are using your iPhone or Android or whatever, dunno?

Mitch

2013 F150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab Max Tow Egoboost 3.73 gears #7700 GVWR #1920 payload. 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite 2511S.

Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TXiceman wrote:

Ken

I’ve been a Facebook junkie since it first came out but don’t use it in place of this or any other web based forum....same with my ham radio references (QRZ is my favorite). I like the flexibility of a website where I can search and see topics listed by category. I use 3 rv forums regularly: Jaycoowners.com, RV.net and iRV (my preferences in that order). This forum has a wide range of topics, most of which don’t interest me. The thing that turns me off about this site is the slow response to fix issues and seemly endless, under moderated arguments over the same topics (gas vs diesel, campfire vs no campfire, etc).

2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Jim2007

Greeley, Colorado

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 07:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that the number of posts are down. Probably people using other sites like Facebook. I hope this forum stays up because I like information it has. Jim2007.

TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Iraqvet05 wrote:

The thing that turns me off about this site is the slow response to fix issues and seemly endless, under moderated arguments over the same topics (gas vs diesel, campfire vs no campfire, etc).
What turns me off is the OP's who ask and never return.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> What happened to all the posts
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS