RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: I think I'm stuck.

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> I think I'm stuck.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think I'd go get the trailer and change the window seals myself after a month as long as the other issues have been fixed. Pulling out a window and resealing it is a hours work and at least you'll know the job was actually done and done right.

1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 12:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bring it home now . call a local rv tech mobile and most can do warrenty work. and you,ll be happy, they come to you.

Merrykalia

Appalachian (apple at chun) Mtn in the GREAT SW Va

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Lynnmor wrote:

Bring your trailer home and fix it yourself, by now you should have learned that there is no such thing as a real warranty.

I may be in the minority, but when I was looking to purchase a new RV, I did not even look at them unless the dealer had a minimum of 4 stars on google and any other place I could find reviews. We drove over 200 miles to our dealer and were pleased with the sales people as well as the PDI. We had 2 different warranty issues, the first one occurred about 3 months after purchase. It was electrical. Yes, we had to drive it up to the dealer, but they fixed it and we picked it up about 4 days later. (My sister lived about 30 miles away.)

About two weeks before our warranty expired, our kitchen slide was sticking. Took it back up and it was finished up in less than 8 days. It was done before we really wanted to pick it up, but we went ahead and got it.

We used Holman RV in Batavia, OH and we couldn't be happier.

To answer the OPs question, I'd take some pink stuff and travel to the dealer, but I'd also be making some calls to find out what the holdup is. If they say it's the manufacturer, call them right then and there and see if they have any idea. If not, ask to talk to the General Manager of the dealership. Be nice, but firm about wanting the RV fixed immediately.

2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

PaulJ2

Northwest Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 07:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dealer should have repaired the window, give back your RV, then be reimbursed from the manufacturer.

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 10:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

kennyd63 wrote:

Good morning to all.

I took my T.T. to have some minor issues fix to the dealer which I bought it from. It has been a month and the dealer is waiting on manufacture to approve the 2 windows that are leaking. I called Friday to find out the status of my T.T. and they asked me if I wanted to have the trailer winterized, I asked the person if they were going to do it at no cost to me, and she said no. I feel if you have my T.T. well into winterizing time they should do it. She said for me to get the trailer winterize it and bring it back. This dealer is NOT around the corner.

Please advise, and thank you all in advance

Respectfully.

And how much has it rained since you have left it with the dealer, that leak could be worse now, go get the trailer and learn to fix the leak yourself and winterize the trailer yourself.

Owning a RV you should know your way around a tool box and know how to fix things or its going to be a big hole to throw money into..

Let warranty repair the big important stuff and you deal with the little stuff..

my 2 cents..

Lynnmor

Red Lion

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 01:33am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merrykalia wrote:

Lynnmor wrote:

Bring your trailer home and fix it yourself, by now you should have learned that there is no such thing as a real warranty.

I may be in the minority, but when I was looking to purchase a new RV, I did not even look at them unless the dealer had a minimum of 4 stars on google and any other place I could find reviews. We drove over 200 miles to our dealer and were pleased with the sales people as well as the PDI. We had 2 different warranty issues, the first one occurred about 3 months after purchase. It was electrical. Yes, we had to drive it up to the dealer, but they fixed it and we picked it up about 4 days later. (My sister lived about 30 miles away.)

About two weeks before our warranty expired, our kitchen slide was sticking. Took it back up and it was finished up in less than 8 days. It was done before we really wanted to pick it up, but we went ahead and got it.

We used Holman RV in Batavia, OH and we couldn't be happier.

To answer the OPs question, I'd take some pink stuff and travel to the dealer, but I'd also be making some calls to find out what the holdup is. If they say it's the manufacturer, call them right then and there and see if they have any idea. If not, ask to talk to the General Manager of the dealership. Be nice, but firm about wanting the RV fixed immediately.

12 days.
800 miles.
$160 for fuel.
Travel & overnight expenses.
All to do maybe 2 hours of work.
Glad you are happy.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 05:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wing_zealot wrote:

Take 2 gallons of antifreeze and go winterize it on the dealers lot. You might want to take a spare battery with you also; or some jumper cables.

What about if the dealer says I can't NOT winterize it on their property?

2019 Braxton Creek 24RLS
2010 Forest River Salem 403FB-Destination Trailer
2014 F150 4X4 Crew Cab

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 05:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

colliehauler wrote:

Which is cheaper driving to the dealer and winterizing the trailer or have them do it?

Driving to the dealer is cheaper, then them doing it.

kennyd63

Minooka, Illinois

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/21/19 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

edbehnke wrote:

question on warranty. was it authorized and they just have not done it yet? if not deal with forest river direct and push them.

as for the winterization....do it yourself. on their lot.

They claim it has NOT been authorized..

dodge guy

Bartlett IL

View Profile

Posted: 10/21/19 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would just pay them. Shouldn't be any more than $100.

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> I think I'm stuck.
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS