|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Sponsored By:
mccoydetlef

CULPEPER VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 08:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OK started up furance blower came on but no heat.DSI IS THE SAIL SWITCH OR BOARD GONE BAD how do i ck

1998 BETTY BOOP AMERICAN TRADITION

DutchmenSport

Indiana

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Montana High Country 5er's furnace has always acted a bit funky since we got it a year ago. Especially if running out of propane (since I keep one tank shut off all the time and fill the empty one immediately as possible.) Or, if turning on the furnace the first time after not running for a while, the results are the same. The blower comes on, and it attempts to fire two times. The third attempt at firing and it starts.

Before tearing things apart trying to figure it out, check to make sure the furnace is getting the propane, lines are bled out of air. Here again, simplest solution is to lite the stove (If it's gas).

Otherwise, just keep repeating attempting to turn the furnace on. Between each failure, turn the furnace off at the thermostat, wait about 30 seconds and then flip it back on. If after the third attempt it fails again, repeat. It might take a few times of this to get the air out of the gas line. If you have done this already multiple times already, then something else is going on. Someone else will need to chime in.

enblethen

Moses Lake, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 10:52am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sail switches can be held open by a very small piece of dust or other debris.
It can in most get cleaned using a can of compressed air.
If you have a compressor with long (12 inch) blower can be used.
This is something you should due a couple tyimes of the year depending on your enviroment!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 10:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mccoydetlef wrote:

OK started up furance blower came on but no heat.DSI IS THE SAIL SWITCH OR BOARD GONE BAD how do i ck

low battery ? plug in MH to shore power.

Turn on the stove burner and then fire up the water heater. If the burner flame goes low when the WH fires up, you have a pressure regulator LP problem.

mccoydetlef

CULPEPER VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/20/19 12:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hooked to shore power.This is rear furance front furance works great right next to it

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/20/19 12:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

mccoydetlef wrote:

hooked to shore power.This is rear furance front furance works great right next to it

Oh ok, I would look at the sail switch first. They stick as well as go bad. I would first try tapping it as you are trying to fire it up, that worked for me once. The other time it happened it was the board, I just swapped the board because I always carry a spare board.
Things happen to me when im in the middle of nowhere. [emoticon]

I know there are 'youtube' repair/testing videos that will show you how to test or change it.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS