RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 06:12pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

I've been here for quite a while and haven't seen any hatred towards Tacoma. In fact, that model is rarely mentioned at all.

I see a greater issue here on this forum that strikes accross the spectrum of many posters here (but certainly not ALL posters).

What I see is more and more of is a kind of insecurty about the choices people have made. They seem to need reinforcement that "they" made the right choice. This (IMO) manifests itself in petty attacks against everything from what kind of camping one does to what kind of TV or even what kind of RV someone has.


Nooooooo, Scott, say it aint so....
You don't mean like the KOA thread or the CA fruit inspector thread or the 3000 vs 20000W generator thread do you? Lol

Now, seriously, your correct to a large degree. And all or most all of us do it to some extent....and that is using the internet as a resource to prevent from making the wrong choice, decision, move, etc.
Handy? You fckin betcha! Saved me $75 and an extra trip to the parts store yesterday when I had to pull the intake manifold off the new/old hockey bag hauler to replace a sensor. I learnt inside of about 5 minutes that I could re-use the manifold gaskets despite the "official" directions and that there were actually 2 sensors under there (so I may as well get both, unless I like practice R&Ring intake manifolds.
BUT, to your point, some folks can't decide what to have for dinner or what color socks to wear without quizzing the world for it's answer, advice or opinion.
THEN, them same folks (and others too) get real "smart" because they read and learnt it on the internet, so now they're an exspurt on the subject because their newly found gadget, skill or proficiency didn't result in absolute disaster (thanks to the internet telling them how or how not to doo it first time around).
NOW, them same folks (and others too) can gain the affirmation of the WORLD by being an exspurt on something that they no sooner learnt how to do than yesterday while reading the internet so they profess to know it all and shun any other views as being stupid or just plain wrong.........





And this place is full of grumpy old men to boot who obviously know it all, cause all old men know it all (d@mn, makes me cant' wait to get old......not) that exxxxagerates this phenomenon. All the while the old folk calling the young folk snoflakes for having their iphones stuffed up their noses when really it's them that can't look past their own iphones to see themselves in the mirror!


So that about sums up why Ram 1500s can't haul anything with a low payload.....
ROFLMAO!


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

ScottG wrote:

I've been here for quite a while and haven't seen any hatred towards Tacoma. In fact, that model is rarely mentioned at all.

I see a greater issue here on this forum that strikes accross the spectrum of many posters here (but certainly not ALL posters).

What I see is more and more of is a kind of insecurty about the choices people have made. They seem to need reinforcement that "they" made the right choice. This (IMO) manifests itself in petty attacks against everything from what kind of camping one does to what kind of TV or even what kind of RV someone has.


Nooooooo, Scott, say it aint so....
You don't mean like the KOA thread or the CA fruit inspector thread or the 3000 vs 20000W generator thread do you? Lol

Now, seriously, your correct to a large degree. And all or most all of us do it to some extent....and that is using the internet as a resource to prevent from making the wrong choice, decision, move, etc.
Handy? You fckin betcha! Saved me $75 and an extra trip to the parts store yesterday when I had to pull the intake manifold off the new/old hockey bag hauler to replace a sensor. I learnt inside of about 5 minutes that I could re-use the manifold gaskets despite the "official" directions and that there were actually 2 sensors under there (so I may as well get both, unless I like practice R&Ring intake manifolds.
BUT, to your point, some folks can't decide what to have for dinner or what color socks to wear without quizzing the world for it's answer, advice or opinion.
THEN, them same folks (and others too) get real "smart" because they read and learnt it on the internet, so now they're an exspurt on the subject because their newly found gadget, skill or proficiency didn't result in absolute disaster (thanks to the internet telling them how or how not to doo it first time around).
NOW, them same folks (and others too) can gain the affirmation of the WORLD by being an exspurt on something that they no sooner learnt how to do than yesterday while reading the internet so they profess to know it all and shun any other views as being stupid or just plain wrong.........





And this place is full of grumpy old men to boot who obviously know it all, cause all old men know it all (d@mn, makes me cant' wait to get old......not) that exxxxagerates this phenomenon. All the while the old folk calling the young folk snoflakes for having their iphones stuffed up their noses when really it's them that can't look past their own iphones to see themselves in the mirror!


So that about sums up why Ram 1500s can't haul anything with a low payload.....
ROFLMAO!



You sound like that 16 year old, thats explaining to his friend how stupid his dad is , and realizes ten years later the old man wasn't as stupid as he thought he was.

I got news for you Grit, if you are lucky you will be that old man some day [emoticon]

* This post was edited 10/22/19 09:16am by cummins2014 *

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/21/19 09:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Love to have 19.5, opens you up to long lasting highway tires.


1992 D250 Cummins, 5spd, 4"' straight piped, sensors deleted, airbags, DAP injectors, 18cm.


bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/22/19 02:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ScottG wrote:

I've been here for quite a while and haven't seen any hatred towards Tacoma. In fact, that model is rarely mentioned at all.


They said TUNDRA, not Tacoma.


Dan- Firefighter, Retired">, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur">, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP">), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes


Cummins12V98

on the road

Senior Member

Joined: 06/03/2012

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/22/19 06:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1320Fastback wrote:

Love to have 19.5, opens you up to long lasting highway tires.


Along with horrible ride.


2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

K Charles

Connecticut

Senior Member

Joined: 03/06/2010

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/22/19 03:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We pulled a TT with my wife's '97 lariat f150 and we got a new TT that was heavier. It didn't have enough anything. We got an SUV (excursion) that would tow twice that of that half ton pickup. The GVW of the pickup was 1300 lb less then the SUV curb weight. The name, type or whatever means nothing, it's all about how it's set up.





timmac

Las Vegas

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/22/19 06:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

hypoxia wrote:


Since I can flat tow a Ram, Chevy and Ford half ton I'm missing the point. I haven't seen any Honda, Nissan or Toyota trucks behind a camper.


I flat tow my 2018 Tacoma with a automatic, all you need is a driveline disconnect...

[emoticon]

1320Fastback

Vista, Ca

Senior Member

Joined: 12/04/2016

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/22/19 08:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cummins12V98 wrote:

1320Fastback wrote:

Love to have 19.5, opens you up to long lasting highway tires.


Along with horrible ride.


Oh I've already got that.

timmac

Las Vegas

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/23/19 08:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

spoon059 wrote:

timmac wrote:

My 2018 Tacoma has a 1600 lb payload..

My 2010 Tundra had 1500 lbs payload...


What are the new Tundra's payload, however the Tacoma's just keep getting bigger as well as the new Tundra's..

I am shocked the new Dodge half tons have a low payload..

Dodge trucks years ago were tuff and reliable but not now...

bikendan

Camano Island, Wash.

Senior Member

Joined: 11/21/2005

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 02:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

timmac wrote:

My 2018 Tacoma has a 1600 lb payload..

My 2010 Tundra had 1500 lbs payload...


What are the new Tundra's payload, however the Tacoma's just keep getting bigger as well as the new Tundra's..

I am shocked the new Dodge half tons have a low payload..

Dodge trucks years ago were tuff and reliable but not now...


from what i've seen, Tundras aren't any better.
BUT it can tow the Space Shuttle![emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS