RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
et2

MI.

Senior Member

Joined: 10/31/2007

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 05:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

cummins2014 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

ScottG wrote:

I've been here for quite a while and haven't seen any hatred towards Tacoma. In fact, that model is rarely mentioned at all.

I see a greater issue here on this forum that strikes accross the spectrum of many posters here (but certainly not ALL posters).

What I see is more and more of is a kind of insecurty about the choices people have made. They seem to need reinforcement that "they" made the right choice. This (IMO) manifests itself in petty attacks against everything from what kind of camping one does to what kind of TV or even what kind of RV someone has.


Nooooooo, Scott, say it aint so....
You don't mean like the KOA thread or the CA fruit inspector thread or the 3000 vs 20000W generator thread do you? Lol

Now, seriously, your correct to a large degree. And all or most all of us do it to some extent....and that is using the internet as a resource to prevent from making the wrong choice, decision, move, etc.
Handy? You fckin betcha! Saved me $75 and an extra trip to the parts store yesterday when I had to pull the intake manifold off the new/old hockey bag hauler to replace a sensor. I learnt inside of about 5 minutes that I could re-use the manifold gaskets despite the "official" directions and that there were actually 2 sensors under there (so I may as well get both, unless I like practice R&Ring intake manifolds.
BUT, to your point, some folks can't decide what to have for dinner or what color socks to wear without quizzing the world for it's answer, advice or opinion.
THEN, them same folks (and others too) get real "smart" because they read and learnt it on the internet, so now they're an exspurt on the subject because their newly found gadget, skill or proficiency didn't result in absolute disaster (thanks to the internet telling them how or how not to doo it first time around).
NOW, them same folks (and others too) can gain the affirmation of the WORLD by being an exspurt on something that they no sooner learnt how to do than yesterday while reading the internet so they profess to know it all and shun any other views as being stupid or just plain wrong.........





And this place is full of grumpy old men to boot who obviously know it all, cause all old men know it all (d@mn, makes me cant' wait to get old......not) that exxxxagerates this phenomenon. All the while the old folk calling the young folk snoflakes for having their iphones stuffed up their noses when really it's them that can't look past their own iphones to see themselves in the mirror!


So that about sums up why Ram 1500s can't haul anything with a low payload.....
ROFLMAO!



You sound like that 16 year old, thats explaining to his friend how stupid his dad is , and realizes ten years later the old man wasn't as stupid as he thought he was.

I got news for you Grit, if you are lucky you will be that old man some day [emoticon]




Funny how that works out. He almost sounds like a "exspurt"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 08:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^ Naw, you’re just jealous.....
It’s easy to tell who speaks from knowledge and or experience and who’s experience is limited to the power of the internet.


"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

TurnThePage

North ID

Senior Member

Joined: 10/08/2003

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 08:37am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

spoon059 wrote:

timmac wrote:

My 2018 Tacoma has a 1600 lb payload..

My 2010 Tundra had 1500 lbs payload...


What are the new Tundra's payload, however the Tacoma's just keep getting bigger as well as the new Tundra's..

I am shocked the new Dodge half tons have a low payload..

Dodge trucks years ago were tuff and reliable but not now...

Don't be shocked by the BS here. You can get a Ram half ton with a ton of payload. On top of that, Ram has historically padded their numbers. They have often had higher GAWR than the competition, but lower GVWR.


2015 Ram 1500
2004 Pioneer 18T6

djsamuel

Central Florida

Senior Member

Joined: 10/01/2013

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know where this info comes from. The Ram Tradesman HFE Quad Cab is the lowest payload of the 1500 at 1210 pounds. The 2 wheel drive Ram Big Horn Quad cab (with a 5.7L hemi) has a payload capacity of 1900 pounds and a towing capacity of 11,560 pounds.

Ram Towing Guide CLICK

Heck even my 2009 Ram 1500 has a payload of 1790 pounds. But, I'd hate to interrupt a good thread with facts.


Picture of Our Trailer

Camplite 21BHS


Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

Senior Member

Joined: 05/06/2013

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 09:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TurnThePage wrote:


Don't be shocked by the BS here. You can get a Ram half ton with a ton of payload. On top of that, Ram has historically padded their numbers. They have often had higher GAWR than the competition, but lower GVWR.


^ This. It's fun to hear all the bashing from the internet exspurts who don't realize that the payload rating is simply the vehicle class max gvw which is universal not brand specific, minus the curb weight of the truck. It is really only slightly related to how much the truck can safely haul and not legally related to anything except maybe licensing requirements.

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 10:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

^ Naw, you’re just jealous.....
It’s easy to tell who speaks from knowledge and or experience and who’s experience is limited to the power of the internet.


It sure does [emoticon]

Eric&Lisa

Scappoose, OR

Senior Member

Joined: 07/11/2006

View Profile



Posted: 10/24/19 11:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

romore wrote:

... they attract customers who will seldom if ever carry more than a couple of bags of potting soil....


Yeah, and 'going off road' means driving out on the field to pick up the balls after soccer practice. [emoticon]


Eric & Lisa - Oregon
'97 Silverado K2500, New HT383 motor!, Airbags, anti-sway bar
'03 Lance model 1030, generator, solar,

cummins2014

Utah

Senior Member

Joined: 02/20/2008

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 01:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

et2 wrote:

cummins2014 wrote:

Grit dog wrote:

ScottG wrote:

I've been here for quite a while and haven't seen any hatred towards Tacoma. In fact, that model is rarely mentioned at all.

I see a greater issue here on this forum that strikes accross the spectrum of many posters here (but certainly not ALL posters).

What I see is more and more of is a kind of insecurty about the choices people have made. They seem to need reinforcement that "they" made the right choice. This (IMO) manifests itself in petty attacks against everything from what kind of camping one does to what kind of TV or even what kind of RV someone has.


Nooooooo, Scott, say it aint so....
You don't mean like the KOA thread or the CA fruit inspector thread or the 3000 vs 20000W generator thread do you? Lol

Now, seriously, your correct to a large degree. And all or most all of us do it to some extent....and that is using the internet as a resource to prevent from making the wrong choice, decision, move, etc.
Handy? You fckin betcha! Saved me $75 and an extra trip to the parts store yesterday when I had to pull the intake manifold off the new/old hockey bag hauler to replace a sensor. I learnt inside of about 5 minutes that I could re-use the manifold gaskets despite the "official" directions and that there were actually 2 sensors under there (so I may as well get both, unless I like practice R&Ring intake manifolds.
BUT, to your point, some folks can't decide what to have for dinner or what color socks to wear without quizzing the world for it's answer, advice or opinion.
THEN, them same folks (and others too) get real "smart" because they read and learnt it on the internet, so now they're an exspurt on the subject because their newly found gadget, skill or proficiency didn't result in absolute disaster (thanks to the internet telling them how or how not to doo it first time around).
NOW, them same folks (and others too) can gain the affirmation of the WORLD by being an exspurt on something that they no sooner learnt how to do than yesterday while reading the internet so they profess to know it all and shun any other views as being stupid or just plain wrong.........





And this place is full of grumpy old men to boot who obviously know it all, cause all old men know it all (d@mn, makes me cant' wait to get old......not) that exxxxagerates this phenomenon. All the while the old folk calling the young folk snoflakes for having their iphones stuffed up their noses when really it's them that can't look past their own iphones to see themselves in the mirror!


So that about sums up why Ram 1500s can't haul anything with a low payload.....
ROFLMAO!



You sound like that 16 year old, thats explaining to his friend how stupid his dad is , and realizes ten years later the old man wasn't as stupid as he thought he was.

I got news for you Grit, if you are lucky you will be that old man some day [emoticon]




Funny how that works out. He almost sounds like a "exspurt"



There is many that ALMOST sound like experts [emoticon]

Desert Captain

Tucson

Senior Member

Joined: 02/19/2011

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Getting back to my original post...

Dodge Ram is now advertising their 1500 pick ups as “Light Duty”... Dat’s da fact Jack.

[emoticon]





WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/24/19 02:22pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Desert Captain wrote:

Getting back to my original post...

Dodge Ram is now advertising their 1500 pick ups as “Light Duty”... Dat’s da fact Jack.

[emoticon]


Whats an F-150? A semi Super Duty, or a less than Super Duty?
How about a GM Silverado or Sierra? a 1500LESSTHANHD?

Marketing is wonderful. If you put "light duty truck" into Google you'll get 10 million hits and every vehicle related site will refer to a 1500 as a "light duty" truck. It seems Ram may just have put the wrong person in the marketing department because I can not find the "LD" words being used on Ford or GM's websites.

Its not unlike a "lightweight" or "ultralight" travel trailer. It can be the same frame and construction as a "heavyweight" or "regular weight", but put that tag on it and you can now pull it with a light duty truck. [emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

 > Oops, Dodge just threw you under the bus...
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS