|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trouble with California

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
bpounds

Sophmore Brain...

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 12:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For those worried about probable cause violations, you should be more concerned with PC violations by game wardens, if you hunt or fish. Merely the act of hunting or fishing opens you up to warrantless searches of your vehicle including trailers and RVs. I pretty much link AG and DFW together, as far as what they are concerned with, namely, protecting our natural resources.

2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

bpounds wrote:

For those worried about probable cause violations, you should be more concerned with PC violations by game wardens, if you hunt or fish. Merely the act of hunting or fishing opens you up to warrantless searches of your vehicle including trailers and RVs. I pretty much link AG and DFW together, as far as what they are concerned with, namely, protecting our natural resources.

LOL. Bet you never went thru a "Roadside Safety Inspection" in a CMV.

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 02:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I find it interesting that, largely, those who are so enthralled by protecting their natural resources are also those that believe that globalization is the direction humanity should go.

The more you open your locality up to global resources the more you risk your locality.

Not a poke at California but fifty years ago if a farmer did things wrong and sent out Romaine Lettuce that was infected with a life threatening bacteria his customer base was maybe a few hundred people. Earlier this year there was a nationwide recall on Romaine Lettuce that was produced by a California based grower. Over 300 million people were potentially in danger.

It's great for California that it is the food basket for the USA but it sucks if you are a victim of the failure of big business' policy of centralization. It's time to realize that centralization is dangerous and we need to step back a little and understand that if there's a single producer of anything there's a single point of failure.

Deb and Ed M

SW MI & Space Coast, FL USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 03:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

So how are your Ash trees doing up there in Michigan - no way some little bug could kill thousands of trees. Oh - I hear that those Asian Carp are good eatin.

What Ash trees? (You've obviously been here) and yes - we are sweating the Asian Carp while the Great Lakes States and the Corps of Engineers decide what to do next.....(insert sound of chirping crickets)

On the other hand, as I travel to visit Florida, I see our invasive Phragmites are alive and well and spreading like wildfire (literally) down south... they're kind of pretty, actually - until they catch fire.
phragmite info

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 03:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Explaining the purpose of the question and asking where you have been are reasonable - refusing to accept your answer and entering your RV without permission isn't reasonable. Agricultural inspections don't overrule your Constitutional Rights. I have crossed the Calif border hundreds of times over the years and never give much thought to the inspections ... but these days I would likely deny the inspector access to the interior of my RV. Probably becoming an angry old fart or likely somebody who is upset that my former home (Calif) has lost its way.

Kevin

toedtoes

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ksg5000 wrote:

Explaining the purpose of the question and asking where you have been are reasonable - refusing to accept your answer and entering your RV without permission isn't reasonable. Agricultural inspections don't overrule your Constitutional Rights. I have crossed the Calif border hundreds of times over the years and never give much thought to the inspections ... but these days I would likely deny the inspector access to the interior of my RV. Probably becoming an angry old fart or likely somebody who is upset that my former home (Calif) has lost its way.

The inspector didn't enter without permission. She asked to enter - the OP said no - she didn't enter.

The truth is there was no violation of anyone's rights. Just a visitor who got mad because he thought he was "being targeted" (hmm, not so nice is it?) and gave an attitude, and an inspector who returned the attitude.

1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

pitch

NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 06:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

OP here, Did I give attitude? Is lowering the window and saying good morning attitude? That is precisely what I did.

Authoritarian government at work.
If she had started of with explaning that there were a few pest coming from the East coast, she still would'nt have gotten in,instead she immediately fell back to page one sentence one of every government security training manual,"Control the situation" Here there was no situation to bbe controlled but she felt she needed to any way.
Don't give a hoot what anyone thinks. No warrant no entry,plain simple and final!!!!

navigator2346

texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 07:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well, let me tell you pitch and a few others that claim agents "do not have the right". The agent could have given you the "pull over there and wait" speech. From there the agent could have called in the big boys to search your vehicle and trailer. They could have torn everything apart and then given you a piece of paper advising you to get it put back together by a professional before continuing on your way. Fact

That's it,, I'm outta here

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 07:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

navigator2346 wrote:

Well, let me tell you pitch and a few others that claim agents "do not have the right". The agent could have given you the "pull over there and wait" speech. From there the agent could have called in the big boys to search your vehicle and trailer. They could have torn everything apart and then given you a piece of paper advising you to get it put back together by a professional before continuing on your way. Fact

LOL

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

qtla9111

Monterrey, Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 08:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

navigator2346 wrote:

LOL

Wow! That makes for an interesting government. Sounds like the one my parents and grandparents ran from.

2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 29  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Trouble with California
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.