|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> 2020 Albuquerque Balloon Festival RV Reservations

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
otrfun

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 10:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I originally posted this, they were still accepting reservations. Two hours later they started the wait-list. Wow, that was fast!

03-11 Oct 2020

https://www.balloonfiesta.com/RV-Information

* This post was last edited 10/22/19 12:12pm by otrfun *   View edit history

Iraqvet05

Greenwood, MO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 10:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I had talked to a guy a few years ago that was stationed in Albuquerque (NMNG) and he said the hotels and RV parks are booked up months in advance of the balloon fiesta. Based on the number of balloons and the crowd pictures I have seen, I can see why lodging and camping accommodations fill up quickly.

2017 Ford F-250 6.2 gas
2018 Jayco 28BHBE

US Army veteran

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 05:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just a bunch of “hot air” IMO.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Lwiddis

Veterans’ Park, Monterey, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/22/19 05:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

AR NMNG, Iraq? Or flyers?

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 10/22/19 08:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Where are you trying to get accommodations?

We have been to the balloon fiesta 3 times. Only once, the first time as part of an owners group, did we have reservations.

DO NOT attempt to stay anywhere but onsite at the Fiesta Park campsites. Remote CGs are expensive & the traffic is horrendous. Think about getting up at 3AM to get to the field in time for the 7AM launch, IF they are flying.

Here is the work around learned from experience. Do NOT plan to be there for the first couple of days. The first SAT & SUN are by far the busiest days. Plan to arrive MON or, better still, TUE. They fly everyday weather permitting. Stay in the dry camping section. It is huge but empties out considerably by MON & TUE. Arrive full of water & holding tanks empty. If needed there is a honey truck that prowls the CG & there is also a water truck.

Best part about the dry camping area is that air currents being what they usually are the balloons come to you. Right over your head. Some land in an open area in the middle of the dry camping area. We have had them land right in the midst of the CG mid week & later as campers leave & big holes develop in the CG.

Do not be pressured into making expensive reservations at a CG miles away from the fiesta grounds.

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

[image]
[image]Click For Full-Size Image.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

otrfun

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 08:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Where are you trying to get accommodations? . . . DO NOT attempt to stay anywhere but onsite at the Fiesta Park campsites . . .
As the link in my post noted, nearly all the RV reservations for the Oct 2020 Balloon Fiesta grounds itself were booked within 2 hours (1000+ on a waiting list). The sad reality is, the vast majority of RV'rs who want to attend the Balloon Festival will not be able to stay at the Balloon Fiesta RV campgrounds. Luckily we were online at the precise moment the reservations were made available and were able to book the exact days we wanted.

ependydad

Here and there

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The problem is that it's a year away. So many people have no idea what their next year plans are. So they snatch up reservations with the hope of making it and utilizing the Fiesta's very generous cancellation policy.

Me. I'm "so many people". I have a reservation that I have no idea if I'll actually use.

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2012 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: B&W Turnover Ball + Companion
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

Veebyes

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad you got a reservation. I assume it was one with at least power. They are the ones in demand. People don't like to rough it a little. As suggested, the dry sites are easy without reservations as long as one drives in on Monday or after.

dedmiston

Valencia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/23/19 05:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Veebyes wrote:

Glad you got a reservation. I assume it was one with at least power. They are the ones in demand. People don't like to rough it a little. As suggested, the dry sites are easy without reservations as long as one drives in on Monday or after.

Huh? I'm interested. What does that mean?

We'd love to go, but we're horrible about making rezzies. What are the options for dry camping?

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Veebyes

View Profile

Posted: 10/23/19 07:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

dedmiston wrote:

Veebyes wrote:

Huh? I'm interested. What does that mean?

We'd love to go, but we're horrible about making rezzies. What are the options for dry camping?

Read my first response to the OP. Works a charm. We rarely make reservations unless for a special event that we know has high demand & limited camping sites such as a bluegrass festival.

I might add regarding the Balloon Fiesta, if no other morning, plan to do the launch field for the last day. After the last balloon has taken off & people are leaving the field for the last time, that is when the vendors who have had insane prices all week start to drop them. We did a little horse trading & picked up two Alpacha bed covers at better than half price.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> 2020 Albuquerque Balloon Festival RV Reservations
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS