|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Smoke Detectors

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
Tvov

CT

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 05:26am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yes, leave the alarms on. Doesn't hurt anything, and might help save your house.

In my town, we (I am in the fire department) certainly do respond to a few calls a year where a neighbor or a passerby hears an alarm going off and that person calls 911.

esyers

NJ

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 06:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Tvov wrote:

Yes, leave the alarms on. Doesn't hurt anything, and might help save your house.

In my town, we (I am in the fire department) certainly do respond to a few calls a year where a neighbor or a passerby hears an alarm going off and that person calls 911.

X2

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good advice everyone. I'll leave the batteries in and working.

You can't put a porcupine in a barn, set it on fire, and expect to make licorice.
Life is a lot like a baseball pitch. Sometimes you get a fast ball down the middle of the plate and sometimes you get a curve ball in the dirt.

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 07:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

I do have an alarm system with glass breakage, motion, temperature, water and entry sensors along with some cameras that activate with motion. Besides being monitored by the alarm company, I get phone notifications as well.

Why not get smokes and CO's that are tied into your alarm and monitoring? All security companies can get battery operated - wireless smoke and CO detectors that can be put on a system, even if it's currently hard wired.

RobWNY

Jamestown, NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/19 12:37pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

I do have an alarm system with glass breakage, motion, temperature, water and entry sensors along with some cameras that activate with motion. Besides being monitored by the alarm company, I get phone notifications as well.

Why not get smokes and CO's that are tied into your alarm and monitoring? All security companies can get battery operated - wireless smoke and CO detectors that can be put on a system, even if it's currently hard wired.

I plan on doing that in a couple of years. I replaced all of my smoke/CO detectors last Spring and installed the alarm system this past Summer. I want to get a couple of years use out of them at least. I hate feeling like I threw my money away.

B.O. Plenty

Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

WVcampground wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

I plan on doing that in a couple of years. I replaced all of my smoke/CO detectors last Spring and installed the alarm system this past Summer. I want to get a couple of years use out of them at least. I hate feeling like I threw my money away.
Put those new ones in your RV then put new ones in your house that are connected to your security system.

Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

joebedford

Sheltering at home

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Old-Biscuit wrote:

Insurance Company......????
ANY statement from Agent should be in writing/signed-dated!
I have learned that nothing the agent says is worth anything. You need it in writing from the UNDERWRITER.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Snowbirds

> Smoke Detectors
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Snowbirds

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.