RV.Net Open Roads Forum: 2020 Class'C' E-450 Ford V10 lacks power?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> 2020 Class'C' E-450 Ford V10 lacks power?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
pushtoy 2

texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/25/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

try 5 star tuneing they realy helped my V10 alot. more power and trans shifts much better i can even use my cruse now. i know there others but i tryed 5 star and like it.

DREAMER ">

Jayco-noslide

Galesburg,Il., USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 10:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I've had 2 spark plug coils replaced and bot times power was down.

Jayco-noslide

jolooote

Miami, FL

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 11:15am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I ever get an answer I'll post it here thanks all

Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'
2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

jolooote

Miami, FL

View Profile

Posted: 12/27/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Merry Chhristmas all. My son got me the K&N Performance Air Intake Filter System for Christmas. Will this help? Will I also need the 5-Star Tuner that pushtoy 2 mentioned? That thing costs over $500.00! Its a brand new MoHO. What will these 'Add-Ons' do to the Warranty?

mda

Scotia, NY/Clermont, FL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 12/27/19 08:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If still under warranty, I would not change anything. Do the steps recommended, but leave the 5 star and k&n until out of warranty.

brianjwilson

Lincoln City, Oregon, USA

View Profile

Posted: 01/06/20 07:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I’m no expert on the class A chassis, but my understanding was that a lot of them have a 10 speed transmission, while the E series is still a six speed transmission. If you’re coming from a 10 speed to a 6 speed, that will make a huge difference in drivability.

What axle ratio is in your class C?

Gjac

Milford, CT

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/07/20 08:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

For a brand new 2020 MH I doubt there is anything wrong with it. A 31 ft class C is probably heavier especially if it has more slides than your previous V-10's. If you had a older 31 ft Class A you would have had almost 60 more HP compared to your newer MH. HP to weight ratio determines the performance. MH magazine sometimes posts 40-60 MPH times of the various new MH's. To check to see if anything is wrong with yours just see how many secs it takes you to go from 40-60 MPH and compare it to what the specs say. My guess if you are between 12-16 secs there is nothing wrong with your MH. Give yourself sometime in it before you make any modifications if you are still not happy with the performance once the warranty is over there are a number of things you can do.

jolooote

Miami, FL

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 09:11am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2 thanks all

rwynkoop

St. Louis MO

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 03:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I would not use a K&N in anything. My, my opinion from being a Youtube Certified DIY mechanic. Do some research, check this Ford Guy out at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJKlb61_kXU

2003 Chevy 1500 HD Crew 4x4, 6.0L gas.
2007 Jayco 29BHS TT.

ron.dittmer

North-East Illinois

View Profile

Posted: 01/07/20 04:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I assume reusable K&N filters still require that spray to capture the dirt more effectively. I found the K&N to be a high maintenance item that offers no gain under nearly all driving conditions. I am also concerned that the spray product may contaminate the sensor down-stream. That sensor is extremely sensitive to dirt. If so, your engine performance is compromised, and I think your Check Engine light goes on. You can clean the sensor, but I feel it is smarter to use a conventional air filter to avoid the condition.

My advise is to change the standard pleated paper filter every 10,000 miles under normal driving conditions. If you found yourself driving in a severe dust storm or a forest fire area, inspect the filter when you have passed the condition. If it is noticeably dirty, stop off at the next town and replace it.

We once drove our tiny little camper down into Monument valley on a windy day. The red dust ended up everywhere, all over the engine, and the air filter was a serious mess. That is one such situation where it was a-must to change the air filter after our visit.

Oh, and don't forget my reply on October 24th about inspecting the plastic flap that if installed improperly, will block a serious amount of engine air flow.

2007 Phoenix Cruiser model 2350, with 2006 Jeep Liberty in-tow

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  All

> 2020 Class'C' E-450 Ford V10 lacks power?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.