RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Building RV park near McKinney TX, what would you want most?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Building RV park near McKinney TX, what would you want most?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
winniman

muskoka Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 03:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you are designing from scratch, make your washrooms non gender. Instead of making a mens washroom with three stalls, and a womans with three stalls, make several banks of six washrooms that have a shower, sink, and toilet in each one. This way, your cleaning staff doesn't have to shut down the entire washroom for cleaning. They can close each washroom individually for cleaning. This will keep the washrooms open, and not create issues for cleaning. We sometimes travel with four people in the rv, so using the park showers comes in handy. One park we were at closed the washrooms from 8 am to 9 am. WTH. I agree with the out of level thing. I couldn't tell you how many parks we were at,that you can hardly level a large A class without the front wheels off the ground. Many pushers have the door at the front of the rv, so four or five inches out of level front to back, puts the wheels and step quite high.

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 04:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

One of the things we really like is the "Comfort stations" some newer RV parks have. They're a grouping of small bathrooms rather than one larger facility.
Not only is this a lot like being at home, some of us travel with a person that needs assistance bathing and it's just a nice luxury to have a room to ourselves.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

westernrvparkowner

montana

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 04:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

winniman wrote:

If you are designing from scratch, make your washrooms non gender. Instead of making a mens washroom with three stalls, and a womans with three stalls, make several banks of six washrooms that have a shower, sink, and toilet in each one. This way, your cleaning staff doesn't have to shut down the entire washroom for cleaning. They can close each washroom individually for cleaning. This will keep the washrooms open, and not create issues for cleaning. We sometimes travel with four people in the rv, so using the park showers comes in handy. One park we were at closed the washrooms from 8 am to 9 am. WTH. I agree with the out of level thing. I couldn't tell you how many parks we were at,that you can hardly level a large A class without the front wheels off the ground. Many pushers have the door at the front of the rv, so four or five inches out of level front to back, puts the wheels and step quite high.
Individual washrooms create their own problems. I would never, ever have a park with them. People will get in and get out of traditional style restrooms quicker, which can be of value during peak periods of usage. The common areas of traditional men's and women's washrooms create peer pressure to keep everything neat and clean. The possibility of someone walking in at any moment helps prevent children from using the facility as a rec room, keeps dog grooming at a minimum and might even make a vandal think twice. Bad things happen behind closed doors.

azdryheat

Tucson, AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/19 04:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Being on the water. Copy Chula Vista RV Resort and you'll have a winner.

2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2011 Harley Ultra Limited
2016 RZR 900

otrfun

Desert SW

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/19 05:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears a lot of folks are concerned with the bathrooms. We rarely use them. Perfectly happy with the ones in our rig.

Our concerns:

I believe it rains a good bit in McKinney. Good drainage after rainstorms is something to consider. It's a bit of turn-off to arrive with mud everywhere. Gravel/paved access and gravel/paved pads certainly help keep mud to a minimum when everything is wet and damp. Not fun when it gets on your shoes, in your rig, or forces you to go mudding with your motorhome/TV--lol!

I'd also carefully consider the placement of water/elect/sewer hook-ups. Everybody has their preference, but placing all 3 somewhere in the middle/rear half of the pad (left side, of course) is probably the best compromise for most rigs.

dieseltruckdriver

Black Hills of SD

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 05:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My biggest complaint of the wonderful South Dakota state campgrounds is what they call level sites. They say level sites on the website, but most aren't even close. As a friend says, so many sites are like helmets. Front to back and side to side slopes.

When you are getting the dirt work done, spend a little more time actually making the sites truly level, with a slight slope for drainage.

2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

1. Level sites.
2. Good electricity with 50, 30, and 20 amps outlets at each site.
3. Water available at each site all year.
4. Sewer at each site.
5. Adequate laundry that does not over charge.
6. Spacious sites and further secluded by landscaping between each site.
7. Concrete patio at each site.

gbopp

The Keystone State

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 06:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is free beer an option [emoticon]

rr2254545

Central Minnesota

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/24/19 06:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wanderingaimlessly wrote:

Doing it in a southern region, if you will cater to long termers in a section, have the best wifi you can, short timers can use hotspots etc, but the long termers want good wifi. They will overlook some other misgivings for good wifi.
Otherwise , as others have suggested, separate areas, room between sites, Senior or over 55 areas.

Disagree on the WIFI I gave up long ago on RV Wifi - too many abuse it a with streaming etc and it ruins it for all - I do not know how a owner could built a system that would work in today's world.
We carry and use our own Wifi devices

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee, Air Force One, Blue Ox Avail tow bar
354 Campgrounds,80K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 1710 nights camping since we retired in July 2009

BB_TX

McKinney, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 10/24/19 07:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have stayed a many RV parks that had long term and short term guest and never had any problem or concern about them. Those did have separation between the groups but nothing more than minimal separation, sometimes just the other side of one common street. BUT. In all those cases the long term sites were neat, well kept, and did not look a lot different than those of us passing thru other than a few obvious things like maybe a deck, patio, flower gardens, etc. Good management I guess.

Room between sites is important.
Level sites.
Good, preferably paved, roads.
Mix of pull thru and back in. Each has fans.
Concrete pads are great. More so if that includes a patio.
Shade trees, especially in Texas.
Good Wi-Fi is great and hard to find in an RV park.
We only use our own bathrooms so can’t comment there.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attractions

> Building RV park near McKinney TX, what would you want most?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in RV Parks, Campgrounds and Attr...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS