RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Now that is a big Truck Camper

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Now that is a big Truck Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next
Sponsored By:
RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 05:48am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It appears using basically your Class 7 in a Japanese Truck that is also 4x4., is not that rare in Australia To answer your question Heavy Japanese Trucks like these are not sold in the US. Both have roughly 9 litre or 10litre Diesels
This is the photo I took at Monkey Mia with a Custom PopTop on a heavy Isuzu
[image]
This is an entry submitted to the Truck Camper Magazine photo contest. He uses a Lance Camper and a heavy Hino
Interesting to see trucks that are 4x4 and have 20,000lb payloads used as Truck Campers
[image]

* This post was last edited 10/26/19 06:00am by RobertRyan *   View edit history

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

Senior Member

Joined: 08/12/2016

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 08:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And the truck’s payload is? lol
But that is a bunch of ground clearance. 12 inches +


Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)


romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

Senior Member

Joined: 09/18/2010

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 10:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Certainly lots of storage for extended stays in the outback.

Flan

NE

New Member

Joined: 10/08/2017

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 01:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Weight police will not hassle him


Heartland Prowler 27LX
19 Ram CTD 2500

jimh425

Western MT

Senior Member

Joined: 06/11/2006

View Profile





Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 03:02pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Seems like a relatively small truck camper on a big truck. Can’t really see it as a typical use. It’s not much diferent than putting it on a flatbed trailer or gooseneck trailer.


'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.


RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/26/19 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jimh425 wrote:

Seems like a relatively small truck camper on a big truck. Can’t really see it as a typical use. It’s not much diferent than putting it on a flatbed trailer or gooseneck trailer.

He mentions it is primarily a heavy work truck for him. He carries the Camper on the back, then sets it up when he wants to use it

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Posted: 10/27/19 01:19am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You can buy similar trucks in the USA and as long as they are not used for commercial operations, I don't think you even need a commercial drivers license in most states.


Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er


RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/19 05:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

You can buy similar trucks in the USA and as long as they are not used for commercial operations, I don't think you even need a commercial drivers license in most states.

No you cannot buy Japanese Trucks like these in the US, they do not exist. I do not know if the F650-F750 trucks have a 4x4 option.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

Senior Member

Joined: 08/19/2009

View Profile



Posted: 10/27/19 06:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobertRyan wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

You can buy similar trucks in the USA and as long as they are not used for commercial operations, I don't think you even need a commercial drivers license in most states.

No you cannot buy Japanese Trucks like these in the US, they do not exist. I do not know if the F650-F750 trucks have a 4x4 option.


Odd...took less than 5min to find dealer with isuzu cab over 4x4 for sale new in Florida...

Looks mostly custom order stuff but that's simply that not many have a use for a 4x4 version...but I'm sure you know better.

RobertRyan

Australia

Senior Member

Joined: 03/16/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/27/19 03:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

valhalla360 wrote:

RobertRyan wrote:

valhalla360 wrote:

You can buy similar trucks in the USA and as long as they are not used for commercial operations, I don't think you even need a commercial drivers license in most states.

No you cannot buy Japanese Trucks like these in the US, they do not exist. I do not know if the F650-F750 trucks have a 4x4 option.


Odd...took less than 5min to find dealer with isuzu cab over 4x4 for sale new in Florida...

Looks mostly custom order stuff but that's simply that not many have a use for a 4x4 version...but I'm sure you know better.

Yes you will get an Isuzu Cabover in the US but not these heavy 9-10 litre Diesels, Engines and Trucks are not sold in the US

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

 > Now that is a big Truck Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS