|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Last Post, DW has died

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 07:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron, I am so sorry to hear this. I cannot imagine what you're going through.
Your experience and good nature are still welcome and needed here. Please pop in once in a while.

Scott

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

et2

MI.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 07:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Prayers for you. You said it well, and my wife and I were just talking about this. She's dealing with cancer. Nothing regretted.

But ... Be strong. Most likely she would still want you to enjoy your life.

olfarmer

Iowa

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 08:00pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss, we never know how much time we have left! Thanks for the eye opener as my wife is not well and yet I worry about how long our money will last but I should be trying to enjoy what time we have left, not how much money we have left! We actually probably don't have to worry unless we live to be very old and then we won't need money anyway.

Ed & Ruby & the 2 cats
2001 Winnebago Brave 30W
7.4 gas Work Horse Chassis
99 Jeep Grand Cherokee

bpadamson

Idaho

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/26/19 08:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ron, I don't know you-- but on these blogs, it seems we have some sort of association. So sorry for your loss. I don't know the depth of that sort of loss; but my MIL passed away in May, a healthy 83. My mom was taken by cancer at 61. I'm sure, like my wife, she would want you to be content till you see her again. I'm going to try listening better to my wife when she says hook up the camper.
Take care my friend and our prayers are with your family
-brent

2013 Ford F250 4X4 6.2gasser--- 4.30 gears, SCT Flash chip, improved tires, airbags, intake and exhaust opened up a bit.
9.5-year-old Forest River 295 WP Toy Hauler
B&W slider hitch

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 08:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Our lesson is make the most of every day. Please accept some more condolences and stay strong. God bless

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Spacecowboy7

California

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 08:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss, it sounds like you two had some fun times. My Dad didn’t make it to 62 and pinched pennies every day, with that I’ve learned that time and experiences with the family more than money.

romore

Okanagan valley British Columbia

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 09:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am truly sorry to hear this Ron, I lost mine two years ago. It is hard to adjust, you will be turning to her especially after the lights go out and she won't be there. I know your heart is not in rv'ing and won't be for some time but don't forget your friends here.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 10/26/19 10:04pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So sorry for your loss.

Every day is a gift. A dear friend actually had that tattoed on his shoulder. On his one year anniversary with his new wife, he had a freak accident and died.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 10/27/19 01:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for you loss.

Of course, there is the old saying...moderation in everything.

If you live in a cave until you are 65 spending nothing...sure, that's not a good plan, especially if you kick the bucket at 64 but the flip side is you live for today when you are in your 30-40's and retirement is which version of Alpo is for dinner.

If you get debt free, work hard and put a decent chunk of your earnings away starting early, you should be able to free up enough cash to do extra things while continuing to save...decades before you hit 65.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

PartyOf Five

Wheaton, IL

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/27/19 03:04am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Condolences for everyone's losses- losing dear loved ones is why I own an RV, and try to spend as much time traveling as possible. While you do need money to maintain this expensive hobby, I'm not convinced it's so much more than any other option; not flying, not being at home, and not any other hobby. In fact, you "get what you pay for imho."

There's comraderie in this forum from the shared lifestyle and experiences, and so there's no rush to shut down... it's easier to say see you later vs. adios.

May you find peace as you navigate the road of life each moment of each day; feel free to DM when you just need a kindred spirit or an ear.

Da Moose:2001 31' E450. 30k in 3yrs.
PartyOf5: Driver's DW & 3 pre-teens -trying to connect, learn, appreciate creation & the Creator
May you find Peace in all that you endeavor

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Last Post, DW has died
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS