RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020

RV Blog

  |  

RV Sales

  |  

Campgrounds

  |  

RV Parks

  |  

RV Club

  |  

RV Buyers Guide

  |  

Roadside Assistance

  |  

Extended Service Plan

  |  

RV Travel Assistance

  |  

RV Credit Card

  |  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

profdant139 wrote:

Article

We will have to wait and see. And I am not sure they will target the RV market, at least not yet. But there is a glimmer of hope.


When Starlink gets online the Satellite TV for RV's are going to die fast.

Internet offers so much more on TV programs and movies that direct TV and Dish wont be able to offer plus you will have internet where ever you go.

18 months and counting... [emoticon]



LOL.

When they put Dish Network, DTV/AT&T, and all the cable companies out of business do you realize what they will be able to charge for that service? Or are all the independent and network affiliated channels all going to graciously not look for fees because it'sElon Musk?

18 months and counting before you'll be paying out the wazoo.

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/30/19 06:09am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Don't feed the timmac troll! If you ignore him he will go away.


What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RAS43

Littleton,CO

Senior Member

Joined: 03/23/2006

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 10/30/19 06:34am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

Don't feed the timmac troll! If you ignore him he will go away.


We could only hope!!

timmac

Las Vegas

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/31/19 12:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WVcampground wrote:



When they put Dish Network, DTV/AT&T, and all the cable companies out of business do you realize what they will be able to charge for that service? Or are all the independent and network affiliated channels all going to graciously not look for fees because it'sElon Musk?

18 months and counting before you'll be paying out the wazoo.


No I don't think they will raise prices much or even at all when the cable/satellite companies go under, when it comes to streaming its easy for any company to upload videos and movies, if you have a Roku box now you can see there is hundreds of companies doing streaming with thousands of movies/shows now, streaming allows more competition so that will keep prices low..

17 months and counting... [emoticon]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 10/31/19 04:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If we fast forward 17 months, do you promise to stop posting this BS when satellite TV is still available? We can only hope!

Beaker

Brevard, NC

Senior Member

Joined: 07/28/2003

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/31/19 05:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Timmac has taken a gulp of the koolaid, but after switching from DTV to streaming I don't it was a big of gulp as I originally thought.


2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

timmac

Las Vegas

Senior Member

Joined: 03/20/2006

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member

Offline
Posted: 10/31/19 10:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

If we fast forward 17 months, do you promise to stop posting this BS when satellite TV is still available? We can only hope!


Sure I will..

But did you read my fine print clause that extends cable/satellite TV service a extra 6 months due to unseen forecast..
[emoticon]

WVcampground

WV

Full Member

Joined: 10/18/2019

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/01/19 03:30am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

timmac wrote:

Bill.Satellite wrote:

If we fast forward 17 months, do you promise to stop posting this BS when satellite TV is still available? We can only hope!


Sure I will..

But did you read my fine print clause that extends cable/satellite TV service a extra 6 months due to unseen forecast..
[emoticon]


Unseen Forecast =
[image]

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

Senior Member

Joined: 12/25/2012

View Profile



Good Sam RV Club Member


Posted: 11/01/19 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I don't know why Timmac believes DirecTV or DISH killed his dog but it's time to get over it!

trail-explorer

NM

Senior Member

Joined: 07/31/2008

View Profile


Offline
Posted: 11/01/19 07:50am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

I don't know why Timmac believes DirecTV or DISH killed his dog but it's time to get over it!


Where is there information about a dog being killed?


Bob

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

 > Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner


New posts No new posts
Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS