RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Technology Corner: Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev
Sponsored By:
timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 10:58pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill.Satellite wrote:

TIMMAC MAKES A GREAT POINT IN HIS LAST POST. HE IS NOT DOING ANY OF THIS IN AN RV!!!!!!
His fantasy becomes even more obvious when you understand he's in a house posting BS on an RV forum.

Oh yes I do stream in my RV, I have a 4G Version hotspot with a wifi booster and a wifi repeater to pickup free wifi at RV parks and other places.

Both TV's in RV have a Roku box.

Yes its spotty in certain areas and no service in some areas and strong signal in other areas, but when I RV I am mostly boating, sitting outside at a campfire or sight seeing, I don't sit in my RV and watch TV all day..

I am waiting to sign on to Elons internet as soon as it gets going, I will let you know how the service performs..

Some enjoy the outdoors when RVing and others sit in there RV all day..

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 11:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

joebedford wrote:

I use streaming and sat. at my stick house. I pay for Netflix, Prime and Crave + internet. There are a lot of other things I could stream but I need my sat. account to login. Streaming doesn't come close to eliminating my need for sat.

Do you have a Roku box or just doing streaming from your smart TV, the reason I ask is Roku has 10 x the content over satellite TV and can get more access to streaming with Roku vs the smart TV streaming channels, I can only think of a few programs that require a cable account and that is shrinking every month, many programs are breaking there contract with Direct/Dish/cable companies and going streaming.

Yes even all sport channels are now streaming..

In fact I am sure all programs/channels and such have all gone streaming now, even local news channels are streaming for free..

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 11:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Apple TV for $5 a month

https://www.tellerreport.com/life/2019-0........r-for-5-dollars-a-month-.rJZddfvBIS.html

timmac

Las Vegas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 11:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

What you guys need is a Roku and a Apple box, I have both and the content I have access to is in the hundrends of progarms that offer thousands of channels, some even specialize in just documentaries channels and others show travels channels all around the world and I can even watch TV channels in many areas around the world, all sport channels and movie access channels and local news channels and world news channels, the list goes on and on.

I am also thinking of getting a Amazon box and Googles streaming box and add even more content..

Really there is thousands of channels and many are FREE..

[emoticon]

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 06:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And worth every penny.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Technology Corner

> Starlink supposedly will be available in 2020
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Technology Corner

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS