|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> In-Depth RV Lithium Install & Wiring Film - Mike Mas

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
Sponsored By:
Idle-Up

Ga

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 12:11pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In-Depth RV Lithium Install & Wiring Film - Mike Mas

Hello RV Owners,

With all the excitement and activity regarding the integration of Lithium Batteries to RV’s, Linda and I decided document our own independent installation and share it with other RV owners who might be considering a lithium upgrade to their coach.

While there are many different levels of installations, our film shows a total conversion from flooded batteries, to a state of the art advanced lithium system. The film includes an overview of 12 & 110 volt wiring. It also covers our five different charging sources and most important, having the right RV appliances with a lithium coach. This film is applicable to type; B, B+, C, or A motorhomes.

A few of the key components are a pair of Lithionics Battery 400ah lithium packs (800AH) providing over 10 kilowatts of lithium power. The packs are regulated by a Lithionics advanced Bluetooth BMS module. The secondary component is Xantrex’s Freedom 3012, 3 kw inverter, with its 150 amp lithium protocol charger, SCP panel and Combox wireless system, connected to our MoFi 4500G 4G cell router, allowing monitoring and making changes to the system from any location.

The system also includes a Mastervolt’s Charge Mate Pro for charging from the stock Transit alternator, and Victon’s solar controller and 400 watts of roof panels. The film also includes installation of a Ring 4G alarm system with cameras and a lithium heating system.

Enjoy - Mike Mas

YouTube Video

[image]

* This post was last edited 10/31/19 08:48pm by an administrator/moderator *   View edit history

ScottG

Bothell Wa.

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Pics need to be 640X480 MAX - per forum guidelines.
Might want to go back and read those rules you checked off.

Scott, Grace and Wesly
2003 Dodge 3500 4x4, 6 speed Cummins.
2018 Silver Fox 32A.
H0NDA eu2000i

2oldman

Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 02:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

opnspaces

San Diego Ca

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 02:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sounds interesting and thanks for taking the time to create a post that has a decent explanation of what the youtube link is all about.

1996 Suburban 4x4. 350, 4.10 3/4 ton
2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH
1986 Coleman Columbia Popup.

phemens

Montreal, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/28/19 04:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Very interesting and professional video. Great job!

2012 Dutchman Denali 324LBS behind a 2006 Ford F-250 V10 out of Montreal
1 DW, 1 DD, 1 DS, 2 HD (Hyper Dogs)
1Kw solar, 500 AH LIFePO4, Yamaha EF2000 gen, Samlex 3000w Inverter

Lwiddis

Los Angeles area :(

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/28/19 06:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I learned a bunch. TY.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

ksg5000

Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

First time poster providing a paid for info commercial.

Kevin

Idle-Up

Ga

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/19 12:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the reply's guys - It really will change the way you use your RV. Regretfully Lithium is not cheap, but if you're considering keeping your RV it makes a good investment.

ksg5000 I'm not sure what you mean by a commercial, I have no connection or received any payment from any of these companies. I'm an independent RV owner and only went through the massive amount of time to do the video to help other owners. Besides companies like Xantrex is a Icon in our industry and surely does not need my video to sell their products.

Regards- Mike

Two Jayhawks

Lenexa Kansas

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 08:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hi Mike,
I've enjoyed watching & learned something from all of your videos. Thanks for posting.

Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 2014 Ford Edge
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone

steveh27

Grosse Pointe Woods, MI

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/31/19 06:24am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I installed 200 ah of lithium lifepo4 batteries in my small battery box in my 1997 Xplorer 230XL (classB) in early July. Then I fractured my hip & have been diagnosed w stage 1 multiple myeloma, a blood cancer. I had a partial hip replacement & am still recovering, was in the hosptial & rehab 3+ weeks. My Trimetric showed the batteries were almost totally discharged. Plugged the van in to shore power & it has been recharging slowly. The PD charger people told me to charge it full I should manually push in the boost button for lithium batteries. I have not been able to climb into the rv let alone reach down neaar the floor where the charger boost button is.

The state of charge on the Trimetric shows 67% SOC with a little charging ongoing. So I think I'm OK with the batteries and it may be best to just leave it plugged in with the slow charging as the batt mfrs said it's best to store them near 50% SOC.

Any thoughts on this?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  General Topics

> In-Depth RV Lithium Install & Wiring Film - Mike Mas
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS