|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Mysteries of RV design

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
301TBS

Ontario, Canada

View Profile

Posted: 10/29/19 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

It amazes me how rv's don't progress over the years. Roof gutters that leak at the joints, yes the fan opening is redicioulus, entry doors with cheap latches you have to slam shut, bathroom fans you need a stick to operate,emergency exit windows in the bedroom with that crazy push rod opener,bunk beds with no ladders, oh boy so much more.
It's like they are stuck in the 80's and can't get out.

2019 Springdale 240BH
2009 F150 Scab 4x4, 4.6, 3v. 6spd. 3.73/9.75
Reese dual cam

WVcampground

WV

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 01:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The best is the transition from woven cloth upholstery to pleather. That trend started @ 2011/2012. Driven solely by cost. You do not typically get an option if you wanted to pay an up charge. Even if it was available you would now get something resembling cloth woven by Hop Sing, and made from cow hair and rice stalks thanks to LCI.

Jayco25E

PA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 10/30/19 06:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

Our former travel trailer had this too. Besides being a pain in the neck to open/close it, any time the wind blew or any trailer movement whatsoever happened, a distinctive "tink tink tink" could be heard. Our current 5th wheel doesn't have an outside vent. Just a vent hood and filter. I don't miss the "tink tink tink" noise but no vent at all isn't the best thing either.

I had to laugh when you wrote "tink tink tink" LOL. Have to listen to the "tink tink tink" all the time.

2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 07:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I just saw another one: waste drain piping waaay back dere and low at the back where it functions as a mud/stone flap slash chassis skid on steep approaches...

gkainz

Arvada, CO, USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Because of all your complaints about the vent opening, they just quit installing them. My 5er has no external vent for the range hood. To compliment that, they installed the smoke detector just about directly overhead the cooktop.

Full disclosure - yes, I know it was eliminated because it saved $1.98 per unit to produce without it. It's more fun to blame the complainers [emoticon]

'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

I just saw another one: waste drain piping waaay back dere and low at the back where it functions as a mud/stone flap slash chassis skid on steep approaches...
On my Seasonal the drains are under the slideout facilitating crawling under the trailer to dump the tanks. The surround sound speaker sticks down in front of a cabnet door so you can't open the door. The hydraulic pump is in a cabnet that you have to have the slideout extended to access, great if it's low on fluid and you have to access. The thermostat is located below a A/C vent. The smoke detector was right above the stove. The plastic kitchen sink is not recessed for the drain so you always have a quarter inch of water in the sink. Is their anything on earth more uncomfortable then a RV mattress? Let's not forget about the extremely accurate black and gray tank sensors.

Ozlander

Rose Hill, Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 08:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You guys do realize the people who design RVs have never been camping and never use their product....

Ozlander

06 Yukon XL
2001 Trail-Lite 7253

wnjj

Cornelius, Oregon

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Jayco25E wrote:

RobWNY wrote:

Our former travel trailer had this too. Besides being a pain in the neck to open/close it, any time the wind blew or any trailer movement whatsoever happened, a distinctive "tink tink tink" could be heard. Our current 5th wheel doesn't have an outside vent. Just a vent hood and filter. I don't miss the "tink tink tink" noise but no vent at all isn't the best thing either.

I had to laugh when you wrote "tink tink tink" LOL. Have to listen to the "tink tink tink" all the time.

I fixed our tink tink tink some time ago but I had mischaracterized it as tap tap tap. [emoticon]

Scroll down below the water pump switch install:
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24397265.cfm

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 10:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Ozlander wrote:

You guys do realize the people who design RVs have never been camping and never use their product....
I would say that's a good bet.

dave54

Northeast CA.

View Profile

Posted: 10/30/19 10:42am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Since so many rechargeable devices are around today, why aren't there more 12V or USB ports in RVs? The only 12V outlets are at the TV hookups.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Mysteries of RV design
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.