RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Furnace works; then doesn't; works again?

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Furnace works; then doesn't; works again?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Sponsored By:
VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 12:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Guessing ducts were only slightly kinked since I've never inspected or moved any of them (thinking RV tech was just covering up for the fact that the thermostat was the ONLY issue and they had already installed a new board).

Bordercollie

Garden Grove, CA, USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 02:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The furnace in our 2004 Tioga has always worked without problems, but it is comforting when it comes on and cycles properly. There are a lot of DIY videos on You Tube on trouble shooting and fixing furnaces, etc. Finding a good RV furnace repair guy may be difficult.

Texkoch

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 08:35am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Atwood burner was grounding out the the electrode /spark igniter to the burner. Wish I could copy and pate an image. I took the old burner off and installed a new burner. Two wires and 4 -1/4” nuts. I started to get a sail switch but it works fine. Good luck.

VA-Apraisr

glen allen, VA

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

UPDATE: Furnace worked all week just fine! I did inspect the ducts underneath cabinetry and appears they were shortened to fit more snug and without any kinks. So, most likely the thermostat (and will replace promptly if this ever happens again!) before going to RV mechanic.

Texkoch

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 11/14/19 02:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My Atwood burner was grounding out the the electrode /spark igniter to the burner. Wish I could copy and pate an image. I took the old burner off and installed a new burner. Two wires and 4 -1/4” nuts. I started to get a sail switch but it works fine. Good luck.

bobndot

USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/15/19 09:51am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

VA-Apraisr wrote:

UPDATE: Furnace worked all week just fine! I did inspect the ducts underneath cabinetry and appears they were shortened to fit more snug and without any kinks. So, most likely the thermostat (and will replace promptly if this ever happens again!) before going to RV mechanic.

"most likely the thermostat" yes, I agree with you, just stick with what you have now...it works .
Sometimes home type digital thermostats can be used and sometimes not.

Well, look at the positive side of all this, think of how much lighter your rv is now that you have shortened your ductwork [emoticon]

Glad it all worked out and you had a good time in N.C.
be well,
Bob

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class C Motorhomes  >  Class C

> Furnace works; then doesn't; works again?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class C Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS