|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Be careful out there. There are some bad people

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 04:09pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

My question is if the RV had not been seen going into Mexico would Propaganda network turn it into nationwide headline news?

Snark not helpful. Think about these people's families instead of trying to make a political statement.

This is a sad story, no doubt. But the story would of likely been told is South Texas, and in New Hampshire. IMHO, if the fact of the RV crossing the border, to make it fit the talking points, it would not of been broadcast nation wide. While I'm sure it was broadcast on other networks, on any site I have looked at, any link to the story is a link to Fox "news"

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 04:15pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

My heater carries five rounds of .357 mag.

A stubby heater!
That's my go to pack/truck/carry whatever. Glad I've only scared off a bear with it and some pop bottles!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

mooky stinks

Cicero,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 04:35pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

JRscooby wrote:

Crowe wrote:

My question is if the RV had not been seen going into Mexico would Propaganda network turn it into nationwide headline news?

Snark not helpful. Think about these people's families instead of trying to make a political statement.

This is a sad story, no doubt. But the story would of likely been told is South Texas, and in New Hampshire. IMHO, if the fact of the RV crossing the border, to make it fit the talking points, it would not of been broadcast nation wide. While I'm sure it was broadcast on other networks, on any site I have looked at, any link to the story is a link to Fox "news"

I've seen this story on Huffington Post, CNN,and ABC but nice try making it political.

2017 Silverado 1500 LT, Max Tow

2012 Outback 277RL

colliehauler

Mc Pherson KS USA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 05:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Grit dog wrote:

That’s terrible although less about RVs and more about society. Same chances that happens in your home, hotel room or a rest area in Nebraska
However the unsettling part is with all the border security, they don’t run plates. I’ve crossed the Canadian border multiple times with trailers with incorrect tags, new truck with no tags just a paper plate dealer loaner andmost recently a car with the previous owners plates just bought it from them.
Never been questioned except once in a dealer loaner.
Very true that it can happen anywhere, bad people don't confine themselves to one area. A few years ago a couple that worked the Kansas state fair were kidnapped and killed in Arkansas they found the couple's RV in Arkansas and caught the couple that killed them.

Some very close friends of mine in Texas had a incident where her brother who lived in Arkansas advertised a item on Craigslist and two people shot and killed him for less then 100 dollar's. They had killed other people as well.

Crowe

Merrimack, NH

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 06:11pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So what. Not appropriate here. Take your politics elsewhere.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be Douglas Adams

RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road.

philh

Belleville MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 06:22pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ppine wrote:

My heater carries five rounds of .357 mag.

Too limited for my tastes. Prefer higher capacity heaters.

pasusan

Northernmost PA

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:42am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone see this image of when the truck and RV are taken across the border?

[image]

"I'm out here to enjoy nature -- don't talk to me about the environment!" ~Denny Crane

Susan & Ben
2004 Roadtrek 170 for quick getaways
84 Bronco & 90 Award Classic 23 joined with a Hensley Cub for longer trips
Trip Pics

2012Coleman

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:47am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

When I first heard of this on the news I listen to, I made bets of how long it would it would take for someone to start posting about it on here, and then how many posts it would take before someone said something like "that's why I carry a gun"

Won both bets.

Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

JRscooby

Indepmo

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:48am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Crowe wrote:

So what. Not appropriate here. Take your politics elsewhere.

Is this the only couple in the country that was murdered? The only vehicle stolen? But how many are national story? From what I see on this thread I'm the only one that is pointing out the story is being sensationalized for political purpose.

mooky stinks wrote:

I've seen this story on Huffington Post, CNN,and ABC but nice try making it political.

Yes, the story is out, everybody wants to spin it their way.
Any idea how many guns went with the RV?

am1958

SE Michigan

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 04:55am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

2012Coleman wrote:

When I first heard of this on the news I listen to, I made bets of how long it would it would take for someone to start posting about it on here, and then how many posts it would take before someone said something like "that's why I carry a gun"

Won both bets.

I'll bet that both the husband and the wife wished they had availed themselves of their Second Amendment rights when they realized what was happening...

There, I just won both bets... ;-)

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Be careful out there. There are some bad people
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS