RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Roads and Routes: Southeast Massachusetts to Nashville TN

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Southeast Massachusetts to Nashville TN

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
hedgehog48

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/03/19 06:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were looking at wytheville va for the trip down and hershey pa for the return trip although I’ve been to hershey and it really didn’t do anything for me so I am up for alternatives

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 06:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

There is a CG just east of the Flying J (below I-77 ???). Go past the J, up/over a hill and CG will be down on left side. Nice, cheap, clean. We stayed there on way back from FL as our 1/2 way point in '18.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

magicbus

Nantucket Island, MA

View Profile

Posted: 11/04/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We do this every year heading to Florida and every other year, weather permitting, we head over to Nashville to visit friends. One slight change. The Tapan Zee is almost demolished, you will now be taking the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge [emoticon].

In addition to a lot of campgrounds (not so many in February [emoticon] ) there are some great state parks just off 81 where you can usually stay a night. Also note that Rt 40 in Tennessee has a few twists and turns and it is not the wide open interstate that 81 is.

Dave

Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

docsouce

Seekonk Ma.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/05/19 06:59am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We use the route jplante4 suggeste, I95 SOUTH TO Rt. 9 north... When we go that direction we like to stay at the "Tri State RV Park" in Matamoras Pa. It's about 235 miles from our house in Seekonk Ma. Which is enough driving for us in one day. This camp is right at the route 209, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area exit off I84.

2016 Thor Freedom Elite 22e
Just right for the two of us!

Hedgehog

Fairhaven, Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 05:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

So we are going to do the Nashville trip and we are looking for advice on an area to stay a night or two on the return trip. I don’t mind if it is a little out the way as long as there is stuff to see and do. Prefer an area that is 600 miles at the most from home which is Massachusetts.
I since have also upgraded my tow vehicle to a 6.7 powered F-450 so the fuel range isn’t as much of a concern.

* This post was edited 01/19/20 05:51pm by Hedgehog *

Hedgehog

Fairhaven, Massachusetts

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 05:49pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We were looking at Hershey pa but I camped there a few years ago and I don’t remember much to do around that area. It is definitely in the distance range I want to be in.

DrewE

Vermont

View Profile

Posted: 01/19/20 06:14pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hedgehog wrote:

We were looking at Hershey pa but I camped there a few years ago and I don’t remember much to do around that area. It is definitely in the distance range I want to be in.

Well, offhand there is HersheyPark, and the chocolate world, and the (smallish but nice) Hershey Park Zoo, and maybe some events going on at the arena/convention center there. That's plenty to keep me from being bored in Hershey, but your interests may well differ.

hedgehog48

USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 01/19/20 11:34pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I didn’t mean it like that, I’ve already been to Hershey park 3 years ago which was nice but I don’t think I can get my wife on all them roller coasters again. Lol

suprz

rhode island

View Profile

Posted: 01/20/20 08:25am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jplante4 wrote:

Our route through there is I-195 to Providence, then I-95 to Old Lyme CT, CT 9 to Middletown then 66/I-691 to I-84. They just finished rebuilding I-84 through Waterbury and Danbury, so if you've been avoiding it, it's better now.

From there you have a couple of choices. You can stay on I-84 all the way to Scranton to pick up I-81 or take US209 down the Delaware Water Gap and pick up I-80 to I-81.

The roads around the NYC metro area are pretty dismal. The new Tappan Zee bridge is great, but the roads to it are still 3 lane and very crowded.

X2

Proud father of a US Marine

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Roads and Routes

> Southeast Massachusetts to Nashville TN
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Roads and Routes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.