|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> first time winterizing my 5th wheel

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Sponsored By:
djousma

SW Michigan

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/04/19 07:35pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No problem running af into the dishwasher. It's not just the water inlet, it's also the drain pump as well. Start a cycle, let run for 20 secs, cancel which starts drain. All done.

Same process with washer, just do both hot and cold sides.

* This post was edited 11/05/19 12:17pm by djousma *

Dave
2016 F350 Lariat 4x4 FX4 SRW CC SB 6.7 Magnetic Metallic
2017 Forest River Cardinal 3850RL

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 11/05/19 11:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thats good info, might need an extra gallon of AF.

shug23

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

thanks everybody; I think I am in good shape to do this myself...But here is an additional (dumb?) question...The reason I am winterizing is because I bought a home in Oklahoma...I just found out my new home has a 50 Amp hook up already set up for an RV....Now I am wondering if I can somehow take advantage of this hook-up...i.e put a space heater in the RV and one in the basement of the RV after draining, ( I once had a TV screen crack in below freezing temperatures)....I stil want to remove the batteries to put them on trickle chargers inside my new home...does anyone know if , by removing the batteries, I will be able to use the RV outlets to plug in a heater....

Veebyes

Bermuda & Maryland Eastern Shore

View Profile

Posted: 11/06/19 07:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I am about to winterise mine. Waiting for DW to finish need for water. We are on own tank. Drain hw by low point or anode removal. Switch to bypass so heater does not refill. Either use a 2 way valve on tank side of pump or disconnect & use a hose with connection to tank side of pump. Do the pink stuff suction thing each outlet hot & cold till pink flows. When all done turn the pump off at switch. Drain water tank at low point. This could take awhile if tank is fullish. Off you go to a dump & drain tanks completely. If like us the trailer will feel amazingly light on the way to storage with no liquids onboard.

Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

laknox

Arizona

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/06/19 08:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

shug23 wrote:

thanks everybody; I think I am in good shape to do this myself...But here is an additional (dumb?) question...The reason I am winterizing is because I bought a home in Oklahoma...I just found out my new home has a 50 Amp hook up already set up for an RV....Now I am wondering if I can somehow take advantage of this hook-up...i.e put a space heater in the RV and one in the basement of the RV after draining, ( I once had a TV screen crack in below freezing temperatures)....I stil want to remove the batteries to put them on trickle chargers inside my new home...does anyone know if , by removing the batteries, I will be able to use the RV outlets to plug in a heater....

Seems to me that an oil-filled heater inside and leaving the furnace fan on would take care of both. Either way, leave all the lower cabinet doors open to keep the cold from "pooling" there. I've read more than one story where someone's had their rig at 50, yet still froze under-sink pipes from the cold coming through the walls.

Lyle

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab 4x4 6.5' Bed
Banks Bullet Tuner and Monster Exhaust
B&W Turnover Ball with 5th Wheel Companion
2017 KZ Durango 1500 D277RLT
1936 John Deere Model A
International Flying Farmers 61 Year Member

Dave H M

IL

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 06:57am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I conjured up a chunk of hose to go from the outside shower outlet to the black tank flush.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> first time winterizing my 5th wheel
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS