RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle

RV Blog

|  

RV Sales

|  

Campgrounds

|  

RV Parks

|  

RV Club

|  

RV Buyers Guide

|  

Roadside Assistance

|  

Extended Service Plan

|  

RV Travel Assistance

|  

RV Credit Card

|  

RV Loans

Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next
Sponsored By:
Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 05:56pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Well, technically yah. YouTube is full of videos of them going down the road hauling various loads. Pretty much all over the country. But they are prototypes and there are only two of them.

Well if youtube is full of them it should be real easy for you to link 5 or 6 of them. I say you won't be able to. The clock starts now.

Here are a few "fake" cars by GM.
https://www.gmheritagecenter.com/gm-vehicle-collection/index.html

Since they weren't available to buy they must be fakes.

I just went to YouTube and typed Tesla semi truck.

I stopped counting after a dozen. Lots of videos of the prototypes hauling various types of loads...including new Tesla’s. [emoticon]

Post the links!! Post the links. Post them up. Lets see them! If it's so easy post them up!

I want to see the Tesla Semi pulling a load down the road.

~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/10/19 06:09pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

@Reisender -- that's a well-thought out facts based post.

I think some around here confused concept cars, new model development cycle, actual launch, production and actual availability for consumers.

Those concept cars being called faked, mainly rendered or in drawings, are car manufacturers marketing tool to show their creativity and foresight into modernity and their sight and view of the future.

A few of them will be shelved in their libraries and a few with commercial viability will be further developed, prototyped, tested, launched and go into full mad production.

This takes 5 to 10 years for traditional car manufacturers. Tesla, even with new technologies, takes about 3 to 5 years and in fact the fasted among the industry to-market -- also considered the most innovative with battery and on-board tech ahead of the competition by a decade.

free radical

Canada

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Reisender wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Well, technically yah. YouTube is full of videos of them going down the road hauling various loads. Pretty much all over the country. But they are prototypes and there are only two of them.

Well if youtube is full of them it should be real easy for you to link 5 or 6 of them. I say you won't be able to. The clock starts now.

I stopped counting after a dozen. Lots of videos of the prototypes hauling various types of loads...including new Tesla’s. [emoticon]

Post the links!! Post the links. Post them up. Lets see them! If it's so easy post them up!

Still doubting huh?LOL

https://youtu.be/8DCjy5P53ns

https://youtu.be/4VIjFCJls30

Turtle n Peeps

California

View Profile

Posted: 11/10/19 07:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

free radical wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Reisender wrote:

NJRVer wrote:

Turtle n Peeps wrote:

Reisender wrote:

Still doubting huh?LOL

https://youtu.be/8DCjy5P53ns

https://youtu.be/4VIjFCJls30

LOL, A ya. In the second video I see a Tesla Semi pulling a trailer for a few minutes.

Big deal. My 2500 Chevy can do that. [emoticon]

In the first video I see a Tesla Semi pulling a trailer loaded with who knows how much weight? K rails could be hollow for all anybody know?

Why no show an uncut video of a Tesla Semi pulling into a weight station and showing the weight and then showing them pulling that weight for lets say half an hour; 1 hour, 3 hours; whatever. Why not have a 3rd party certify the load?

I saw a guy cut a girl in half once!

BTW 1 million robo taxies on the road by the end of next year. Full self driving cars on the road by the end of this year. Remember, that's what king Elon said. Only 2 more months Elon. You better get on it! [emoticon]

rjstractor

Maple Valley, WA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The first video shows a truck hauling 9 ecology blocks, which usually weigh 3500-4000 lbs each. So, a total load of about 36000 pounds, combined weight 66-70K. This depends on the weight of the tractor, which has not been released by Tesla. I saw another article where the writer estimated the load at 73,000 pounds which only exposes his ignorance- a load that heavy would make that truck illegal to operate.

The second one shows a 53' van trailer with who knows what inside, maybe bottled water, maybe air?

The truck shows great promise in local and short haul trucking, but huge leaps in battery technology and infrastructure are needed to make it viable for long haul. Trucking companies don't care about saving the planet, cool technology or blistering acceleration (for a semi). It's all about the bottom line.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 09:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BTW there is a separate thread on the Semi. All this has been discussed.

TEN more days to the scheduled release of the Tesla consumer pick-up truck.
Then the sparks can really fly [emoticon]

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 09:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

Or it could be a real dud, and nobody will be interested. Sneak pictures I've seen seem to show a really ugly, non-useful truck. Maybe they got their styling cues from the Aztec. There was a crash course in ugly.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

fj12ryder wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Or it could be a real dud, and nobody will be interested. Sneak pictures I've seen seem to show a really ugly, non-useful truck. Maybe they got their styling cues from the Aztec. There was a crash course in ugly.

Without knowing what the Tesla will look like I think Rivian has done a decent job with theirs. Not ugly but also not conventional. It would be nice to see Rivian make a go of it. Right now Tesla has no competition which is not necessarily a good thing. I hope they do well as well...but competition is good.

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 11/11/19 02:05pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Without knowing what the Tesla will look like I think Rivian has done a decent job with theirs. Not ugly but also not conventional. It would be nice to see Rivian make a go of it. Right now Tesla has no competition which is not necessarily a good thing. I hope they do well as well...but competition is good.

Undisguised Rivian seen in BC

And some people said they have not seen much of these EV semis and pick ups on the road.

Still posting their ignorance that car manufacturers actually don't want to keep secret their new models.

* This post was edited 11/12/19 06:58pm by Yosemite Sam1 *

mich800

Pontiac, MI

View Profile

Posted: 11/11/19 03:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Reisender wrote:

fj12ryder wrote:

time2roll wrote:

Undisguised Rivian seen in BC

And some people said they have not seen much of these EV semis and pick ups on the road.

Still posting their ignorance that car manufacturers actually want to keep secret their new models.

Where did you get that idea. That is complete contrary to what has been said. In fact as an actual launch approaches you will see the pre-production vehicles putting on millions of miles and seen and photographed extensively by the automotive press. The semi has been seen what could be counted on one hand out "testing". And the Rivian has been documented fairly well at least around here. And the auto mfgs don't care you see the new models testing you just will not see them without camo until the official reveal.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 7  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Elon tease -- Tesla pick will look like military vehicle
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS